Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an 01 cobra and have been toying with a power adder,then it happens a friend has an accident in his 03' termi so project cobranator begins.....the motor is a stock bottom end with worked heads,stage 3 ported eaton,throttle body and plenum,it is stegmeijer (or however it is spelled) ported,moroso front mont heat exchanger(water to air with icebox) billetflow 2.76 pulley,jlt intake and tune. :eek:

i am also swapping the fuel tank and pumps. as well as the 6 speed:yes with a spec 3 clutch with firewall adjuster and quadrant with short throw shifter.and ofcourse the cluster.

i will be swapping the hood,front bumper,black housing clear lights,hids and fog lights. also the mirrors and side skirts and vents.

i am probably going to swap my irs for the 03' version for the better axles and it has 3:73's instead of the 3:55's im runnin now. will be swapping the entire front k-member with the swap basically im going to have an entire 03' termie with only 23,000 miles on it!! i got this car for stupid cheap!!:eek:

if anyone has any pointers or tips on this swap please,please send me any info!!!

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
my tip is get a different supercharger, and give me the eaton :D

Good luck with the swap, take lots and lots of pictures.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
unhook everything that is connected to car (hoses, wirings, etc), disconnect front susension, trans, and drop strait out of the bottom. very easy.

congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh yeah almost forgot im going to be taking lots and lots of pics and posting them here

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'll be hopefully starting an Eaton swap in the next few months...

You're gunna love the swap!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys,so it will be easier to just disconnect everything and swap the entire k member? i thought so but wasnt sure. and about the blower am i saying that right? stegmiejer? it has the name and a serial number stamped on the front but i cant remember how it was spelled? lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and the dyno results of 609 were before the moroso heat exchanger,dont know how much of a difference that will make in hp but i know it runs a LOT cooler!

and i may be selling the eaton if i can find a kenne bell replacement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looking forward on seeing pictures
will have some of both cars side by side tomorrow. then its dissasembleing time,monday really is gonna be LABOR day for me:sorry

but when its done and cranks up for the first time.......:eek:

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Don't forget to upgrade your IRS/suspension.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is there any type of list or how-to on the swap? there are a few differences im seeing and would be awesome if i could find a walk through!

and im swapping the irs out of the 03' untill my solid axle gets built,going with posi ofcourse and 4:10's fully built.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anyone? is there anything in particular i need to know about the swap? and looks like im gonna have to do it the old fashioned way as i dont have access to a lift,let alone 2 of them,i really wanted to just drop and swap the k-members with everything intact but looks like thats a no go.

if i pull the radiator out can i pull the motor and trans together?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you can take everything out from bottom if you get car high enough, its no big deal. just need to have something to put under k-member so you can roll it. i personally drop everything, unbolt trans, lift motor strait up, and trans will come out from under the car. here are some pics of when i do mine. not detailed how to, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what all did you have to disassemble to remove the motor? did you have to remove the headers/manifolds? i really wanted to pull the motor and tranny together but if its easier i will pull them seperately. and why did you pull your intake? i wanted to leave the entire motor together i didnt figure i would have to pull anything off the motor?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
You can leave the tranny attached if you want to. Some do it one way some do it the other.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i pulled the intake to get to cooling lines and wire harnesses easier. i also do it so there is no chance to damage manifold and easier to lifting chain. i disconnect d/s off the diff flange, unhook cat back if on stock manifolds (unhook at header flanges if l/t's), lower everything down, and take apart if lifting motor out the top. if rolling out from underneath it, then just roll it out.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
you come on this board with thrity post and put something up like this? I hate you already.

Don't worry i hate everyone. lol

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
^is a little bitch ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds cool man, good luck with the swap, can't wait to see some pictures.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.