Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had a Termi front bumper sitting around my garage for nearly a year now and I was planning on having it professionally painted but my life has changed a lot so a professional paint job is unlikely for quite a while. Today I decided to unwrap my bumper and get started on a rattle can paint job. Don't hate on it, worst case scenario it looks horrible, I sand it down, and it sits in the garage again.

A couple of pics.. First one was right after I opened it. You can see the company (Pershing Auto Parts, had a lot of problems getting my bumper) bent the top part over when they packaged it to save space and possibly keep it from getting damaged since it was packaged in some bubble wrap, then some plastic, then some saran packaging wrap.

So I heated the bumper up and threw some jack stands and heavy **** in places that were bent out of place.

Now I'm waiting for the bumper to hold this shape so I can pull all that **** away and start sanding and lay down the primer. Hopefully if this holds its shape tonight then I'll be starting the painting tomorrow :D

I don't have the fog lights, bezels, or chin spoiler but if it turns out alright it will look 100x better than my V6 bumper that is cracked, rivets broken off one side, and full of dents/dings/scratches.

Edit: Updates:

Partially though primer

Color started!

Couple more coats of white

Couple of spots that need fixing

With the tape off

Got a daylight shot when I got to work today

And apparently all of my tape sucks a giant dick (the black managed to creep under some tape that's made for painting) so I gave up on the black and just went all white

Painting complete!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
or give it to me mqueen, you know you want to ;)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea how long I should leave all the **** holding it in place so it holds the new shape? Should I heat it up again or just let it stay how it is (although it should have cooled down now)?

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
If you do this you need to do a termi hood and turbo install, you know that right? :shiftyeyes

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I had a guy who sold me my wheels selling a complete 4v swap for $3000, had 2, one guy bought one, swapped out his v6.. worked great. If only I had that kind of money.

·
Registered
530 Posts
u should try to find the foglight bezels stat!.., they look weird without'em

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
u should try to find the foglight bezels stat!.., they look weird without'em
I'm gonna keep my eye out for a good deal on some, but money is tight at the moment :dunno

hope it turns out good ryan!
Thanks man :D

Edit: Bah, I moved all the stuff away from the bumper so I could pull my car into my garage (I don't trust the people around here to not **** with my car) and it pulled right back into its old shape :mad:

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey where did you pick up that bumper???
From pershingautooparts (Pershing Auto Parts) on ebay. I don't recommend them at all. I got the bumper for $220 shipped and it took me 2 months, a lot of emails, a paypal dispute, and a phone call to get the ****ing bumper shipped. And when I finally took it out of the packaging the other day (been sitting in 1 spot for a year) I found that there are some chips in the plastic.

But I just got done with my job training so I popped all the jack stands and **** back in place, heated the bumper again, and now I'm going to let it sit longer this time so it will hopefully hold the proper shape.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Sorry to hear about the terrible buying experience. That's the last thing us car enthusiasts need..

The bumper will look great in the end though, norcalwhthorse has the same bumper on his v6 and it looks really cool.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear about the terrible buying experience. That's the last thing us car enthusiasts need..

The bumper will look great in the end though, norcalwhthorse has the same bumper on his v6 and it looks really cool.
Yeah the buying experience sucked but at least I got it. I think I'll be able to get the scratches and stuff out once I get the damn thing to hold it's shape. I was really hoping to get the initial sanding and primer done last night but this thing is being a bitch about going back to its original shape :eek:

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Don't put that bumper on without fogs and the chin it looks 100% stupid without

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't put that bumper on without fogs and the chin it looks 100% stupid without
Trust me man, it can't look worse than my current bumper. It's in horrible condition and the rivets on the passenger side are all broken so once in a while the damn thing slides out of places and nearly scrapes the ground. Not to mention there's a big crack on the passenger side and the front is just ****ed from rocks and ****.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Hmm, I would just wait and do it right...

thats just me though

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would too if I wasn't afraid of losing my whole bumper one of these days :eek:

Not that it would really fall off, it just looks horrible.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
rattle canning the bumper isnt as hard as some would think, its pretty easy, the finger just get really tired, but you can do it...i did mine when it was black and it turned out great, just wetsand once your finished and buff it =)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts