Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have been lookin at some termis lately and allot of them are hours away and others are sold but still listed. It seems like the only ones that i can get my hands on are verts and the only vert i test drove was as slow as my '00 gt. personally i'm a coupe guy, but i was wondering if the verts are gonna drive any less sporty then a coupe.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
They (the 'verts) do have a few hundred extra pounds of chassis-stiffening baggage, to compensate for the lack of support givin to the structure by not having a solid top.

This is common sense, I am just stating the obvious. :yes

But the added weight does compromise speed. If I were shopping for an 03/04, I'd want a coupe, just for that reason.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the specs say the vert is 115 pounds heavier. i donno, The one i drove must have just been a dog. I hear those cars are under-rated with HP a little bit. But even if its overrated 100 More Horsepower and Torque should a move a bit faster than a modded GT shouldn't it? I mean this vert is legit because i carfaxed it, but its just not ballzy. Should i expect this from most of my test drives? Or was my gt just quick?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
the only vert i test drove was as slow as my '00 gt.
i dont know what to say about that. it could be a number of things. i think a vert termi might feel a lil less sporty cuz of the extra weight but some mods would take care of that problem. if u want a termi extremely bad u might just have to settle for a vert and mod it to compensate for the increased weight.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
might not have been a termie......or u have a blown GT

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
my step dads vert termi hauls ass! I dont know what your talking about. and now that he has his magnaflow Cat back, s/c pullie, granitelli coil on plugs, accufab t/b & plenium with a tune that termi scooots with about 555wrhp 576rwtq. ooooh under rated? the specs are 390 hp from ford when he dynoed his stock it was 395 at the WHEELS! SVT was generious on hp ratings to save them money. many termis came out of ford with more than 390hp. and the coupe feels a little more agile b/c of the weight but the vert looks damn sexy!

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would say get the coupe, but thats just me. If you like the coupe better then definatly don't get a vert. You need to get the one that you like the best, especialy when spending that kinda money on a car like that. Plus if you ever want to mod it and race it, and you run too fast at the track. Your vert would look funny with a roll cage sticking out of it.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
my step dads vert termi hauls ass! I dont know what your talking about. and now that he has his magnaflow Cat back, s/c pullie, granitelli coil on plugs, accufab t/b & plenium with a tune that termi scooots with about 555wrhp 576rwtq. ooooh under rated? the specs are 390 hp from ford when he dynoed his stock it was 395 at the WHEELS! SVT was generious on hp ratings to save them money. many termis came out of ford with more than 390hp. and the coupe feels a little more agile b/c of the weight but the vert looks damn sexy!
thats BS, thats about 100RWHP, and 100RWTQ higher than they should be dynoing.

they will sometimes dyno 395 tot he wheels, my 03 dyno'd 393 100% stock, but they typically dyno 355-385RWHP

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
the SVT tech at the ford dealer even said some termis came from ford with a bunch of power and some excact power and some with a little less. but there was 1 owner before him that might of tuned it or what not but what we can tell it was stock...

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
thats BS, thats about 100RWHP, and 100RWTQ higher than they should be dynoing.

they will sometimes dyno 395 tot he wheels, my 03 dyno'd 393 100% stock, but they typically dyno 355-385RWHP
it dynoyed 395 to the wheels.... its at 555 with mods... pullie, tune, c.o.ps, magnaflow, tb, pleniem, n some other things i cant think of..

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
it dynoyed 395 to the wheels.... its at 555 with mods... pullie, tune, c.o.ps, magnaflow, tb, pleniem, n some other things i cant think of..
theres no way dude, a ported blower car isnt even going to make that much, its going to take a low boost twin screw to make that power.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
let me get a list of mods from him n ill let ya know... lemme call him. he ilives in CO Springs brb

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
let me get a list of mods from him n ill let ya know... lemme call him. he ilives in CO Springs brb
yeah get a full list of mods, if he says he's making 555 on the stock eaton with a upper pulley only, i dont care what else he has done its not making 555. 455 maybe.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
well he has a custom tune from mile high tunning, accufab TB & plenium, granitelli coil on plugs, magnaflow cat back, iradium spark plugs, S/C pully 12lb of boost, s/c pully tensioner, bigger inner cooler, (cant remember the brand) and a few other things he cant remember and he says it should be around 555rwhp by spring because he is getting his eaton ported, 42lbs injectors, bigger S/C pully, and a boost a pump but now his car has 478rwhp
sorry I misunderstood but it did dyno 395 rwhp stock...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
478RWHP is more like it, still high, but if he did make 395 stock its a strong car so i can see that.

no way he's going to make 555 with a ported blower either. with a upper pulley only probably only 500RWHP, and with a lower too probably 520-530RWHP. to get 555 he's going to need a twin screw.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wouldnt think a hundred pounds would make a termi slower than modded GT unless u have a crap load of mods on ur GT
well i was running a stage 2 dual friction cetrifigual clutch, 3.73s, UDP, 75mm TB and plenum, C&L CAI with maf housing, full SLP exhaust, and a tune. I guess it felt like maybe a 13.6 or a 13.5 with full traction on streets.

should i expect much more than that out of a used cobra?

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
well i was running a stage 2 dual friction cetrifigual clutch, 3.73s, UDP, 75mm TB and plenum, C&L CAI with maf housing, full SLP exhaust, and a tune. I guess it felt like maybe a 13.6 or a 13.5 with full traction on streets.

should i expect much more than that out of a used cobra?
If your modded GT was mid 13's, than yes, the Termi you test drove would only run a second quicker than your GT in the 1/4 (assuming it is still stock) .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well when i'm talking about runnign the 1/4 i'm talking about letting out the clutch around 2-3grand without spinning wheels. I'm not talking about stickies and bombing the clutch. I doubt that a clean(non-brutal) run will plant me at 12.6 on a stock vert.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts