·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally what do u guys think is better 04 cobra or a Gt500 :D

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
given the choice between the two, i'd go with a Termie.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
termie

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thats what i'm thinkin too
i like the way a Black termi looks all sinister and everythin

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
GT500 is just too heavy...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
GT500. Huge power possible in both, but I like the new body style better than the older. Plus the frame is stiffer on the GT500.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
GT500. Huge power possible in both, but I like the new body style better than the older. Plus the frame is stiffer on the GT500.
you just HAD to be different didn't you...:no:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stock for stock the GT500 is just a better car, period. Just like the Terminator is bette than the 99 Cobra. With that said..its what important to you. Having the latest and greatest and pockets are deep. If I had that kinda money for a toy I would get a Z06. But...I have a terminator as a weekend soldier and a daily driver. I like both to be equally nice so two 400+ payments gets costly. Used mint Termie you can get for 25 with low miles. Add 5 grand to that and your over 500rwhp and just as fast if not faster than a GT500. The body style still has not grown onto me though and not sure I would spend the money for one. I had the option of a new GT or a 16,000 miles mint Comp Orange Cobra and I made the rite choice. Its what it means to you-Shane

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
depends on what you want, and what you want to spend.

if it was me, and money not an issue GT500 3.4L whipple, and all supporting mods. the 750+RWHP its going to make on pump gas wil more than make up for the 300LBS more than it weighs over the termy.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
i would take the GT 500. There is so much more power potential from that 5.4L 4V than a 4.6

Yes they are heavyer but like I said no replacment for displacement

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
the GT500 as absolutely unbeleiveable potential, overall more then the termi in the long run, id def take a termi over the GT500, just due to styling and i love them unbeleivably, GT500 is slightly faster stock, and mod for mod will beat the termi, its been proven

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
depends on what you want, and what you want to spend.

if it was me, and money not an issue GT500 3.4L whipple, and all supporting mods. the 750+RWHP its going to make on pump gas wil more than make up for the 300LBS more than it weighs over the termy.
wow king lol
i never would had thought that u would have gone away from the Termi ahahaha:D

but still i was just curious i mean like the gt500 and all but dunno just that don't have much love for the new body style stangs but thats just me:tomato

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the GT500 as absolutely unbeleiveable potential, overall more then the termi in the long run, id def take a termi over the GT500, just due to styling and i love them unbeleivably, GT500 is slightly faster stock, and mod for mod will beat the termi, its been proven
exactly
i like ther termi's bodystlye alot more too i just wanted to see like what people liked more really:D

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ill add on to what i said before.

stock vs. stock = GT500 slightly faster than termy
minor bolt on = about even, since theres more "minor" bolt on's for the termi, and it weighs less
blower swap = GT500 yeah it weighs more, but will make probably 100RWHP more on pump gas than the term will
turbo = termi
$$ for $$ mod wise = termi
areodymanics = termi

if your looking to build a badass street car on a twin screw, GT500 is the way to go 750RWHP capable on pump gas TS where the termi only makes around 650max on a TS pump gas.

if your looking to build a drag car termi is the way to go.

if yoru looking for the most bang for your buck, termi is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill add on to what i said before.

stock vs. stock = GT500 slightly faster than termy
minor bolt on = about even, since theres more "minor" bolt on's for the termi, and it weighs less
blower swap = GT500 yeah it weighs more, but will make probably 100RWHP more on pump gas than the term will
turbo = termi
$$ for $$ mod wise = termi
areodymanics = termi

if your looking to build a badass street car on a twin screw, GT500 is the way to go 750RWHP capable on pump gas TS where the termi only makes around 650max on a TS pump gas.

if your looking to build a drag car termi is the way to go.

if yoru looking for the most bang for your buck, termi is the way to go.
ya just lookin for a car i can have fun for a daliy driver :)

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
ya just lookin for a car i can have fun for a daliy driver :)
fun daily driver i would buy a termi, i wouldnt DD a GT500, too new of a car. hell, i wouldnt DD a termi either.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
the GT500 got into the nines very quick without much done to it, so yea in the long run the termi will be better because of the sheer aerodynamics, but the GT500 responds to a blower swap insanly well, it reacts to it like it had absolutely no blower on it before hand

if i had to pick between a termi and GT500 for a mod for mod contest and the end result would be power and the 1/4 mile, the GT500 would easily be my pick

1 - 20 of 85 Posts