Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i need some help. so at idle my engine shakes quite a bit, and at 3000 rpms the engine shake is 10000 times worse. originally i thought it was the mounts because the looked pretty trashed but the front left mount bolt was stripped so i havent replace that one. could that be the reason for this vibration? if not what else could it be? any help would be appreciated guys. thanks

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Yep, check the rubber ring on the balancer and see what It looks like. If it looks good. Pull your oil filter and cut it open. Look for gold flakes in it. If you find anything, your bearings are gone.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Yep, check the rubber ring on the balancer and see what It looks like. If it looks good. Pull your oil filter and cut it open. Look for gold flakes in it. If you find anything, your bearings are gone.
+1 been there done that, haha

this is what my motor was doing.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
No, easy. sometimes you dont even need to use the puller. It can just slide off. pull on it after removing the four bolts holding the pulley on then remove the center bolt. Easy a wiping your ass. WHen you get the new balancer, ise the new key that comes with it. The center bolt me be hard to get off but with a breaker bar it will come out. Good luck and get a better balancer than OEM ford, autozone and advance arent better btw.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
Yea, thats what I have on mine the cheap autozone one. There are better ones out there though for like 75.00 bucks, just waiting for your order in the mail sucks. I think professional products makes one but i am not sure if thats the one I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Could also be a clutch issue if it's a 5 speed, so if it ends up being neither problem, that's the next place I would look.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
start the car, look down at the balancer--look ****ed up? replace it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts