Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
tonite i test drove an auto '05 gt and i wasn't all that impressed, i am used to driving an '01 gt. the one i drove was a roush clone. i noticed when you give it gas to pull out that i had press the pedal about 2 inches before it would actually move and when it did it would jump. it didn't seem right to me, but again i'm not used to a ''drive-by-wire'' throttle either. is this normal or does it sound f***ed up.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My friend has. Gt but its 5 speed and it is extremely jumpy but his is tuned as well. I think maybe it could be a drive by wire thing but I'm not sure. It also has a bit of dead area but I think that normal for all drive by wire size. I will say that I do like the smoothness of the drive by wire pedal compared to our conventional cable.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really, you should have a better response from the drive-by-wire...
my brother was the one looking for a car but he had never drove a mustang and i noticed when he pulled out that it was reving high. then i drove it and it done the same thing so we left it sittin' in the lot. going tomorrow to look at an '01 lightning :naughty:

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Its probably a shitty tune.. The one I have in my 08 is ****ing ferocious.

It's an old tune tho.. The ones SCT are writing now feel exactly how you described in the original post -- nothing for throttle response/doesn't jump for ****.

What you experienced was nothing more than a car with a much needed tune.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Its probably a shitty tune.. The one I have in my 08 is ****ing ferocious.

It's an old tune tho.. The ones SCT are writing now feel exactly how you described in the original post -- nothing for throttle response/doesn't jump for ****.

What you experienced was nothing more than a car with a much needed tune.
The older SCT tuner I picked up prior to my blower install once i loaded one of the tunes that were already in there it did take quite a bit of time for my car to shift before it went into the next gear very different from the Diablo tuner I had prior to it. But when I had the blower installed the guy who was tuning my car also noticed that and he changed that in the tune. So after the changes were made in the tune it didn't take forever to go to the next gear anymore.

·
Registered
929 Posts
my brother was the one looking for a car but he had never drove a mustang and i noticed when he pulled out that it was reving high. then i drove it and it done the same thing so we left it sittin' in the lot. going tomorrow to look at an '01 lightning :naughty:
Do you mean like it had a stall converter? You did say it was an Auto, right? Kinda sounds to me, based on your descriptions, that it has a stall converter.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
The older SCT tuner I picked up prior to my blower install once i loaded one of the tunes that were already in there it did take quite a bit of time for my car to shift before it went into the next gear very different from the Diablo tuner I had prior to it. But when I had the blower installed the guy who was tuning my car also noticed that and he changed that in the tune. So after the changes were made in the tune it didn't take forever to go to the next gear anymore.
This new tune Bama sent me was ****...exactly like how you described. I've got a manual but still -- the acceleration was so slow you still had to wait if you wanted to slam gears.

Thank god I was able to dig up my old tune from an email address I hadn't used in years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts