Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 2 Hobbs switches one turns on 2nd pump at 5 psi the other is adjustable so I'm going to start with turning 3rd pump on at 10psi. what is best way to test switches to make sure they are turning on

·
13,575 Posts
If you are trying to just test them in the car. I have a couple techniques i use on mine

Turn on the ignition and you will hear your main pump come on , next use a jumper wire to turn on your next pump by crossing the wire termial to terminal this ensure the switch is indeed working from an electrical standpoint.. If you want to use a air gun you can blow low pressure air into the vacuum line to simulate boost which will also cut on the pumps and activate the hobbs.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are trying to just test them in the car. I have a couple techniques i use on mine

Turn on the ignition and you will hear your main pump come on , next use a jumper wire to turn on your next pump by crossing the wire termial to terminal this ensure the switch is indeed working from an electrical standpoint.. If you want to use a air gun you can blow low pressure air into the vacuum line to simulate boost which will also cut on the pumps and activate the hobbs.
Got them tested and set. My setup runs the Hobbs switches off of grounds . Each one of my 3 pumps has its own fuse and relay. So I unplugged the relay for the constant running pump turned on the ignition plugged the hand pressure pump to 5 psi Hobbs switch. Then i pumped it up to 5 pounds while watching fuel pressure gauge As soon as it hit 5 psi it came right up to 40psi on pump 2. Repeated proccess for the 3Rd pump and adjusted the second hobbs switch to 10 psi works perfect.

·
13,575 Posts
Got them tested and set. My setup runs the Hobbs switches off of grounds . Each one of my 3 pumps has its own fuse and relay. So I unplugged the relay for the constant running pump turned on the ignition plugged the hand pressure pump to 5 psi Hobbs switch. Then i pumped it up to 5 pounds while watching fuel pressure gauge As soon as it hit 5 psi it came right up to 40psi on pump 2. Repeated proccess for the 3Rd pump and adjusted the second hobbs switch to 10 psi works perfect.
Mine is setup the same way. It wasnt long after i set mine up that i found that controller from Fore. https://www.foreinnovations.com/product_p/36-100.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts