Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought 8 accel ignition coils and they have worked fine untill a couple of months now. I know it has a misfire but i dont know which one, it happens only on long trips with heavy traffic, but it does not throw a CEL so i dont know which one to replace. is their a way to test each one sepratly?? ive had them about for 9 months now and its been acting up the last 3 month now. the plugs are about a year old.

thanks in advanced.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
what i did is if it did in during idle unplug each one, one at a time and listen to how to car runs, if it doesn't change when you unplug a certain one then thats your bad one more than likely

·
Registered
38 Posts
what i did is if it did in during idle unplug each one, one at a time and listen to how to car runs, if it doesn't change when you unplug a certain one then thats your bad one more than likely
+1 that is def a easy way you will find out really quick which one is bad.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'd like to know what pins are what,,,and what the spec.s are for resistance, cap., etc....

Is that data listed any where?

I just pulled an original off my car, and replaced with a new one - curious to see what the differences are. (75k vs 0)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts