Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the easiest way to tighten the bolts for these headers (to the head)? I had the top rear one on the passenger's side back all the way out and now I have a wicked exhaust leak. I've seen a few people ask questions about this, and respond back that they got it but not say how? I cant reach up in there.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Anthony

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
i think you can get locking header bolts but i dont know for sure.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've seen that, I'm just curious as how you can get access to even rachet the bolts in. (without pulling the engine.)

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
use a 1/4 drive socket setup with several universal joints and alot of patience. It helps if you put something sticky in the socket and stick the bolt to it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
to do mine, the motor mounts had to be taken off and the engine was jacked up a couple of inches

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i think you can get locking header bolts but i dont know for sure.
Stage 8 locking bolts. Well worth the money. :yes

use a 1/4 drive socket setup with several universal joints and alot of patience. It helps if you put something sticky in the socket and stick the bolt to it.
+1 on several swivels and lots of patience. If you have ratchet wrenches they may help too.

to do mine, the motor mounts had to be taken off and the engine was jacked up a couple of inches

Same here on jacking up the motor. Not much, just enough to get a little extra room between the strut tower and the head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts