5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gun theft by mobs seems to be on the rise:

Background check fail....

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

74 guns stolen out of cars in one area 60+ more another....

Crooks are getting smarter about how to get past gun background checks. :shiftyeyes:

One ignorant thing is having a carry permit, but having so many places that do not allow carry, forcing folks to leave weapons in their cars. Crooks know people are having to leave guns in their cars and they probably target gun free zone parking lots to look for guns left in cars.

We're effectively arming crooks because of this stupid crap.

We need laws changed to allow permit holders to carry virtually everywhere but courthouses and jails (for obvious reasons).

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well....

With Trump and Hillary winning so far, better start stock piling guns and ammo because if Trump goes up against Hillary, Hillary will win and she has sworn to renew the assault weapons ban. And if she wins, I'm sure the next congress will swing back Dem, so she'll have the support to do it. :(

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Well....

With Trump and Hillary winning so far, better start stock piling guns and ammo because if Trump goes up against Hillary, Hillary will win and she has sworn to renew the assault weapons ban. And if she wins, I'm sure the next congress will swing back Dem, so she'll have the support to do it. :(
I honestly do not see her winning, but if the general population is dumb enough to elect her, we all need to think about moving because America will be ****ed beyond repair if we have another Democrat for 4-8 years.

I also think the whole e-mail scandal is about to get cranked up and it will run off a lot of Clinton supporters.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I'm looking to stock up on some 9mm, .45, and 5.56, does anybody know a good place to get it online? It's too expensive locally.

I found a guy selling 1000 round cases of once fired summit ammunition 9mm ($215) and 5.56 ($315), but I've read mixed reviews on that ammo.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I'm looking to stock up on some 9mm, .45, and 5.56, does anybody know a good place to get it online? It's too expensive locally.

I found a guy selling 1000 round cases of once fired summit ammunition 9mm ($215) and 5.56 ($315), but I've read mixed reviews on that ammo.
ZQI Ammunition | ZQI Ammunition

Ready.... set.... go.... the MKE stuff is all Turkish, IMI is Israeli. MKE shoots and goes bang with reasonable accuracy. The 7.62 comes out of my M1A at a solid 3.5-4 MOA which for M80 ball is as good as all the other 7.62 NATO M80 ball crap I've shot from it (Winchester, CBC, LC, etc). Haven't shot the 5.56 stuff, or the 9mm stuff, but if it's like the 7.62 stuff, it's reliable, inexpensive, and the brass is amazing for reloading (All NATO spec cases, FWIW).

EDIT: I've fired probably 1200 rounds of the 7.62 M80 Ball through this M1A with ZERO failures of any type (feed, fire, extract, or eject).

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I found an Army Small Caliber Ammo Manual that has some specs in it: http://ar15barrels.com/data/TM43-0001-27.pdf

Screen shot of a page for the M582 here:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I whipped up a few of those M852 spec loads to test out in the Sig 716 last night.

They fit the PMAG M118LR mags perfectly at 2.830 OAL.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Commercial brass or some NATO spec brass? Those specs wont be right if it isn't NATO Spec, and specifically LC brass. It'll be close though! :)

I'm using my once fired Federal Lake City 7.62x51 brass (originally M80 149gr ball).

I've cleaned, re-sized, chamfer the case necks inside and out, uniformed the primer pockets, etc.

I'm using:
42gr IMR 4895
SMK 168gr HPBT
CCI #200 primer
Brass listed above

It's not match brass, but I've done everything I can to make them consistent.

I'm curious if I can get under 1 MOA with this load out of my Sig Sauer 716.

It has a cold hammer forged 1/10 twist 16.x barrel. I removed the Geissele S3G trigger for the Geissele Hi Speed National Match Designated Marksmen Rifle trigger. Also swapped off the Leupold 3-9x for a Nikon M BDC 4-16x.

·
6,578 Posts
COAL is not as reliable of a measurement as Base to Ogive measurements... if you don't have the Hornady or Sinclair comparator set, it's worth the investment. OAL only matters for fitting it into magazines but sadly, even the best match bullets don't have that consistent of tips.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
COAL is not as reliable of a measurement as Base to Ogive measurements... if you don't have the Hornady or Sinclair comparator set, it's worth the investment. OAL only matters for fitting it into magazines but sadly, even the best match bullets don't have that consistent of tips.
Yeah, I was having issues with consistent measurements.

I have the Magpul M118 mags, so I've been testing them for fitment in that as well.

·
6,578 Posts
Yup, that or the Hornady one. I bought the Hornady one because they are in Grand Island and I like supporting Nebraska companies, but the Sinclair is the same thing. Might as well get your headspace gauge set too so that you have the ability to only bump the shoulders back .003" to save the brass!

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yup, that or the Hornady one. I bought the Hornady one because they are in Grand Island and I like supporting Nebraska companies, but the Sinclair is the same thing. Might as well get your headspace gauge set too so that you have the ability to only bump the shoulders back .003" to save the brass!
Thanks. I'll pick one up asap! :yes

Any other reloading tips?

I'm wanting a digital scale and one that measures more precise than the RCBS scale I got with my Rockchucker kit.

Any good ones you know of that won't break the bank?

·
6,578 Posts
Thanks. I'll pick one up asap! :yes

Any other reloading tips?

I'm wanting a digital scale and one that measures more precise than the RCBS scale I got with my Rockchucker kit.

Any good ones you know of that won't break the bank?
You know, I bought the Lyman Auto powder trickler and haven't looked back. It has a digital scale in it (obviously) and for $170, it isn't horribly expensive. It's very accurate and easy to setup and use.

Other than that, Hornady has a small scale that isn't part of their Auto Powder Throw thingy.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You know, I bought the Lyman Auto powder trickler and haven't looked back. It has a digital scale in it (obviously) and for $170, it isn't horribly expensive. It's very accurate and easy to setup and use.

Other than that, Hornady has a small scale that isn't part of their Auto Powder Throw thingy.
Go a link to that one? I only see these listed on Lyman's website.

Lyman Products Your Primary Source for Reloading Equipment

http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/scales-measures/gen6scale.php

The one below it has a manual trickler on a digital scale.

·
6,578 Posts
21 - 40 of 58 Posts