Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Thanks. Definitely going to get one.

Seems prices have gone up.

Cheapest I see the one you have is $220 w/free shipping or $216 + shipping.
Odd, I must have bought mine when it was on sale then. I got mine off of Amazon, new. Best investment I've made in a LONG time.

Only other things I've purchased that wow'd me this much was my Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler, some Dawn dishsoap and some Lemishine... deprime all the brass before tumbling and watch them come out looking brand spanking new! :)

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, my Sig 716 finally took a ****. After years of failure to feeds and failure to ejects, scratching and denting brass, the forward assist (maybe from having to use it so much) is catching the bolt. Last outing it jammed up so tight because of that, I had to pry the BCG open to get the spent case out. I've also had to run the gas on adverse and the gun lubed to hell to get it to even cycle half way reliably. Then, I noticed the upper has wear and a gouge around the cam pin slot in the upper, too. You'll see some brass shavings in the picture showing the gouge. This was after cleaning the piss out of the gun. The feed ramps scratch the brass so much so often that I gave up after a couple hours of cleaning trying to get it all out.

Sig has had to update this rifle 3 times to fix flaws. Gen 1's were really bad. Gen 2's like mine are hit or miss. Gen 3's seem to function fine.

Examples:

Gen 1 got replaced: https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=620319

This one got the usual feed ramp polish, etc: yet another thread about problems with sig716... - Calguns.net

Policemag had to send their back for repair: SIG Sauer 716 Patrol Rifle - Article - POLICE Magazine

Czech Army Cancels Purchase of SIG 716 : Czech Army Cancels Purchase of SIG 716 and Meopta Optics - The Firearm Blog

One of the many threads on the problems: Sig 716 Failure To Feed/ Failure To Extract - SIG Talk

I've seen some like this:

My junk:

This one might show the gouge a little better:

I've tried the break-in, cleaning and lube game, running it over gasses, etc., but like 650-700 rounds and years later and it doesn't run much better.

Called Sig and explained my issues and got an RMA, so we'll see how it goes. I'd much rather have a new Gen 3 than a fix that is only 99% reliable like I read all the time. When they do the polished feed ramps, it improves the cycling, but doesn't seem to fix it 100%.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
New MEGA Arms .308 12.5" Small Frame SBR or you're doing it wrong. I handled one at SHOT, absolutely fantastic rifle. 11/10, would recommend.

:spankit

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I just picked these up from LL Bean for my security job for $109.

Bushnell - 8x 42mm

Super clear good range good sized objective lens. The amount of light they let in is pretty good. I would have have liked an 8x56 for low light but these will be fine. I'm not really doing any night surveillance.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I just picked these up from LL Bean for my security job for $109.

Bushnell - 8x 42mm

Super clear good range good sized objective lens. The amount of light they let in is pretty good. I would have have liked an 8x56 for low light but these will be fine. I'm not really doing any night surveillance.
My dad has some Leupold binoculars and a spotting scope. Those mofos are nice; clear and bright!

So what kind of security work do you do?

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Loss prevention, there are still several stores I work in where you have to do stuff the old fashion way with a tower and a one way mirror. I got them for a surveillance I was working on. I figured once it was done I'd be using them at the range anyway. Just sucks because of my market there's not a lot of shrink so we don't get a lot of the cool gadgets that other high shrink districts get. They have a new camera system that's gonna be up in the stores that have HD fish eye lenses so you can zoom into a still image and it doesn't distort the image.

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I got my Sig 716 back from warranty. They replaced the forward assist, buffer with an H2, and then the whole bolt to the Gen 3 dual extractor version.

Now to see how it runs....

·
7.62x39 CO2 Cannon
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm thinking about my next Mega build...

I have a Mega billet AR15 set, a Mega billet AR15 set with keymod mid-length rail, and a Mega Maten billet .308 set. The pistol is already build as you can see...

Ideas floating in my heard are:

A .300blk pistol or SBR

A precision heavy barrel AR15, but not sure what caliber.

A precision .308 heavy barrel rifle with a longer than 16in barrel.

What do you guys think?

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Does anyone know a good place to buy ak47 furniture at? I have this new found love for mine and would like to add a tactical rail to throw a front grip and laser on it. It's a io industries AK that I put a magpul collapsible stock on. It's all black so I'd like to keep it that way

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Is there an ACOG that retails for $500 - 600? The cheapest I could find was $1050.

I found an ACOG in a local store that is listed for $550. Might need to get another ACOG...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts