Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys there's something that I've been wondering for awhile, and I'm sure some of you guys can answer this. The sn95(ODB II) and the new edge have pretty much the same 3.8L V6 motor right? I know there are some minor differences here and there, but for the most part they're the same. So why is it that the new edge has +40HP on the sn95? Like I said, I know that there are several small differences, but it doesn't seem like 40HP worth of small differences. Sorry, I know this may seem like a stupid newbie type question, but I can't figure it out and I really want to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Split Port FTW!

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
split port is the big thing ... and then with all its IMRCs and **** like that they managed to make it 40 horse power more... also they had a fuel system swap... and mid 2000 a balancer swap... so just some small things

·
Registered
811 Posts
plus the rear end gear is dif. the sn95 has a 2.73 or so. and the new edge has 3.23 or something close to that.

·
Registered
452 Posts
plus the rear end gear is dif. the sn95 has a 2.73 or so. and the new edge has 3.23 or something close to that.
3.27, but yeah, the biggest two differences between the two are the split port heads/intakes and the 3.27 gearing.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
split port is the big thing ... and then with all its IMRCs and **** like that they managed to make it 40 horse power more... also they had a fuel system swap... and mid 2000 a balancer swap... so just some small things
IMRC's suck....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks guys. I know the new edge has split port. But I didn't know it made that big of a difference. I'll be able to fix both of those problems. 8.8 with 4.10s coming soon. Later I'm having Chris built me a stroker which he says will come with new intakes:D.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
the pre 99s had single port intakes and heads as well as a return style fuel system and were externally balanced motors

the 99-00 were splitport WITH out IMRCs, externally balanced as well, Returnless fuel system and the IAT was not built into the MAF sensor

the 01-04 were split port, they have IMRC's they're IAT is built into the MAF, they're internally balanced, and also share a returnless style fuel system

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. I know the new edge has split port. But I didn't know it made that big of a difference. I'll be able to fix both of those problems. 8.8 with 4.10s coming soon. Later I'm having Chris built me a stroker which he says will come with new intakes:D.
and split port heads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts