Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! I'm new to the forum. I have a 1998 Mustang GT Convertible with the Mach 460 Premium Sound system. I recently decided to replace the head unit with an aftermarket Bluetooth unit, DBL-DIN. I bought the Scosche FDK10B harness and DBL-DIN faceplate on Amazon and proceeded to install. Of course all did not go well. I get sound only from the front left door speaker. I've seen threads dating back to 2010 but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on the issue. Some talk about 5 volt power to the amp and others don't address it at all. Others talk about having three separate amps while yet others say only two. I've looked at the factory wiring diagram and I'm still just as confused. Does ANYBODY know what to do here? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure, I ordered everything from crutchfield and they had the “special” 5amp thingy pre made for me but it still doesn’t sound as great as factory for me good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would go for metra harness and go from there. The mach 460 sound system was designed to be a pain in the ass to work with. Send me a msg if you need further pointers

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts