Modded Mustang Forums banner

1981 - 2000 of 2069 Posts

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,984
It was funny watching myself try to type that yesterday. You should have seen the sentence before spell check. You know when Arnold talks about passing out? I think I was pretty close. :lmao

·
Registered
682 Posts
Anyone ever feel dumber after a hard workout? Like there is not enough blood in the brain? Like I tried to plug my mixer into my protein shake?
I can get behind you on that. Nearly every leg day actually. I always thought of it the same way though. Muscles using up so much oxygen your brain isn't getting any. Thats a real thing right?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I can get behind you on that. Nearly every leg day actually. I always thought of it the same way though. Muscles using up so much oxygen your brain isn't getting any. Thats a real thing right?
I've laughed hard over this. haha :getmoney:

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
yesterday I did 140lbs 10reps x 10 sets on bench press, then I did 10x6 decline and 10x5 incline, and 8x5 fly's... Chest is sore as ****!

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,989
My **** was all backwards for a while. Kinda like when I just wake up and put the cereal in the fridge but the milk in the cabinet. I have also made coffee without putting a filter in first.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Anyone ever feel dumber after a hard workout? Like there is not enough blood in the brain? Like I tried to plug my mixer into my protein shake?
I had a few real dumbass moments worse than that when I tried low carb dieting. I warned my buddy and the same thing ended up happening to him.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Well, I bought a scale about 2 weeks ago. I've always been a big guy and I knew I wasn't going to like what I saw. The last time I hit a scale was 4 years ago and I was 300 even. Stepped on my new one two Sundays ago and about **** myself. 390 pounds...

It hit me really hard and I spent that whole day trashing all the junk food in the house. Jumped online and came up with a pretty drastic diet plan. I've limited myself to a 1500 calorie diet and I've started simple exercise (walking and cycling) at at least an hour a day. Two weeks later and I've taken to the diet very well. Exercising can still be hard to work in with my work schedule, but I've been doing it so long as it's not raining.

As of this morning I'm down to 367 and already feeling so much better then I did two weeks ago. I'm looking to start adding to my workout, and I lucked out on getting a family members home gym equipment (a bowflex and an elliptical). My diet right now is about 50% vegetables, 30% fruit, and 20% meat so I'm looking at ways to get more protein in there. Anyone have any suggestions on a protein shake/drink that won't be loaded up with too many calories?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Sixpoint did you drink soda or energy drinks at all? If you did just cutting those out will cut 40-50lbs pretty quickly. 390 must have been a shock dude, glad you heading in the right direction, just melt that away with hard work and dedication to your diet and exercise.

"ON" Whey protein powder is a good choice 24 grams of Protein and lists in at 120 calories. Mix it with Soy milk or skim milk.

Once you drop some more lbs you should consider taking part in an event or two a year. I do a obstacle mud run each year so it keeps me from slipping, it really works keeping you focused.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Sixpoint did you drink soda or energy drinks at all? If you did just cutting those out will cut 40-50lbs pretty quickly. 390 must have been a shock dude, glad you heading in the right direction, just melt that away with hard work and dedication to your diet and exercise.

"ON" Whey protein powder is a good choice 24 grams of Protein and lists in at 120 calories. Mix it with Soy milk or skim milk.

Once you drop some more lbs you should consider taking part in an event or two a year. I do a obstacle mud run each year so it keeps me from slipping, it really works keeping you focused.
I was drinking over a 2 liter a day of diet pepsi. I haven't totally cut that out, but I've reduced it to one 12 ounce bottle at work. Once those bottles are gone, I'll probably drop it completely. And thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
23lbs in 2 weeks is a pretty big drop congrats. Here is another protein shake idea. It's low calorie with out all the sugars and carbs. You are for sure going to want to increase your protein to help maintain and build muscle. Once you get the weight equipment I bet you start seeing even better progress as long as you keep the cardio up on top of it.

DYMATIZE NUTRITION ISO-100 on sale at AllStarHealth.com

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
23lbs in 2 weeks is a pretty big drop congrats. Here is another protein shake idea. It's low calorie with out all the sugars and carbs. You are for sure going to want to increase your protein to help maintain and build muscle. Once you get the weight equipment I bet you start seeing even better progress as long as you keep the cardio up on top of it.

DYMATIZE NUTRITION ISO-100 on sale at AllStarHealth.com
Thanks man. I'll definitely look into it.

Also, cracked that 25 pound mark today. Riding/walking a little bit extra every time.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Went to GNC today. There were no 3 or 5 pound cans of the ISO-100 in so it made the choice easy. Picked up a 5 pound container of ON gold standard. I was worried the taste would be terrible but it's actually pretty good (I got the cake batter flavor). Adjusting the diet a little bit to make room for this and skim milk in the morning.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Most flavors taste pretty good these days compared to what they tasted like 10 years ago. You should look into bodybuilding.com if you don't have a better supplement store near you than GNC they are usually much cheaper even with shipping.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Supplement kingdom and orbit nutrition are the cheapest around. I'm not personally a fan of whey for a good replacement but it's a better option than a lot of other things. Just don't forget, calories are calories, whether you eat excess proteins, fats, or carbohydrates, they're all going to be stored the same when if they're not burned

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1981 - 2000 of 2069 Posts