Modded Mustang Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2069 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Today I hit a new max in bench :)

for months I was struggling at 185, yesterday I did seven clean reps at 185, then four clean at 195, and three clean at 205.

Feeling pretty hyped about that, once I build that 205 to 6-7 reps Ill try 215 and 225. My goal is to be able to rep 225 eight times. I really want to hit that goal in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
What is a better routine for weight gaining:

Day 1: Chest/squats
Day 2: Shoulders/Deadlifts
Rest
Day 3:Back/Legs
Day 4:Bicep/Triceps
Rest

or

Day 1:Chest/Triceps
Day 2:Shoulders/Deadlift
rest
Day 3:Back/Biceps
Day 4:Squats/legs
rest

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I've really been doing pretty bad since it started cooling off. Now that the sunsets at damn near 4 o'clock it's getting hard for me to find time to bike very often. To add to that, I had a two week vacation where I ate terribly and haven't really gotten my diet back to where it needs to be since... I've been hovering around 305 for about a month now.

Rest
Rest

or

rest
rest
I'm not sure between those two, but I thought this was pretty helpful: The Top 3 Muscle Building Routines To Follow For Maximum Muscle Gains!

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I've really been doing pretty bad since it started cooling off. Now that the sunsets at damn near 4 o'clock it's getting hard for me to find time to bike very often. To add to that, I had a two week vacation where I ate terribly and haven't really gotten my diet back to where it needs to be since... I've been hovering around 305 for about a month now.

I'm not sure between those two, but I thought this was pretty helpful: The Top 3 Muscle Building Routines To Follow For Maximum Muscle Gains!
Damn man! its time to get back in that grind. Its very hard to get into the routine, but once you do its hard to stop...

And thats a good link, those workouts are all over the place, I might try something like that for a week or two.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts

Rest
Rest

or

rest
rest

How'd you come up with those??

Chest/Delts
Abs/cardio
Back
Cardio
Legs
Cardio
Repeat

Has always worked well for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,029
Anyone ever get muscle twitches? I am used to getting them in my eye and **** but I did chest a couple days ago. Still have DOMS especially since I changed up and did incline press with dumbells. Starting to get contractions right in the sternum where the ribs come together. It's like a weak ghost is trying to give me the Heimlich maneuver. Feels so damn weird. Been two weeks since I had a banana. Guess I need to pick some up :dunno

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,033

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
I've definitely fallen off the wagon... Eating like **** again and not exercising nearly as much. After Thanksgiving I gained a bit, and then even more at Christmas. Been sitting at 311-313ish since. I still lift weights, but I'm not seeing any improvement (**** diet probably part of that). I just can't bring myself to get on that damn bike. I loved riding outdoors, but this indoor bike hurts my back and my sack, and I hate it. I've avoided an actual gym to this point but I think it's what I need to get the kick in the ass to get back to business.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Today I hit a new max in bench :)

for months I was struggling at 185, yesterday I did seven clean reps at 185, then four clean at 195, and three clean at 205.

Feeling pretty hyped about that, once I build that 205 to 6-7 reps Ill try 215 and 225. My goal is to be able to rep 225 eight times. I really want to hit that goal in the next 6 months.
Repping 225 for 8-10 reps is a great milestone for anybody who lifts. No matter what your max bench is, 225 for 8-10 means you are a lot stronger then the majority of the population.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I've definitely fallen off the wagon... Eating like **** again and not exercising nearly as much. After Thanksgiving I gained a bit, and then even more at Christmas. Been sitting at 311-313ish since. I still lift weights, but I'm not seeing any improvement (**** diet probably part of that). I just can't bring myself to get on that damn bike. I loved riding outdoors, but this indoor bike hurts my back and my sack, and I hate it. I've avoided an actual gym to this point but I think it's what I need to get the kick in the ass to get back to business.
I sold my Mt. Bike to fund my build. I think this fall I'm going to get a Fat Bike so I can ride year round. I'm telling you if you want to stay focused, sign up for a mud run now and train. It will hold you to it. You can run them at your own pace.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
I'm 22 years old 5'10 145lbs, have went to the gym for the past 3 years going 3 days a week for about an hour, doing zero cardio and have only gained 5lbs, I have a weight gaining problem, and I'm in kind of in a rut were I cant seem to get any stronger.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I'm 22 years old 5'10 145lbs, have went to the gym for the past 3 years going 3 days a week for about an hour, doing zero cardio and have only gained 5lbs, I have a weight gaining problem, and I'm in kind of in a rut were I cant seem to get any stronger.
This is all diet. You need to feed the muscle to grow.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
What do you eat? How do your train(reps, exercises etc)

There's no reason you can't gain, and don't cut out cardio.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
What do you eat? How do your train(reps, exercises etc)

There's no reason you can't gain, and don't cut out cardio.
lol I don't have a diet, I just kind of eat what I'm in the mood for,

4 sets of 10,8,6,4 reps
Mondays chest and triceps
Tuesday back and biceps
Wednesday legs and abs
Thursday shoulders and another arm day

Normally do 5 work outs per body part.

2021 - 2040 of 2069 Posts