Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically im curious as to how i stack up against the early Z28. Idk anything about the car im assuming its an auto, i couldnt hear the exhaust on it at all but it had enormously wide tires on it so im wondering what could be hiding away under the hood. I have full bolts ons and tune with a bad clutch haha.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
if it's stock and auto u got no problem.........

do u have gears?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the lt1 motors are good motors. stronger than a stock 4.6 and enormous potential. a freind of mine has an auto 97 ram air t/a with k&n, p&p'd maf, and cat back and ran 14.1 with a far less than perfect weather.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
My brother has a 95 LT1 M6 and he ran a 13.2 with BASIC bolt ons. I forget what he had done, but I know it wasn't much.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
you can take a LT-1, my friend has a formula with the LT1, he has it bored .30 over and a 3 inch exhaust with flow mufflers, thing is pretty dang fast, but this post is pretty much pointless since he hasnt ran it yet nor have i raced him, non the less the LT1 has potential, but you can take him

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
There's some guy in the neighborhood with a mid-90's Trans Am that's always blasting around. The other day he decides to stomp on it in front of me off of a light. I had to back off or I'd be in his back seat (it was a two lane road with no passing allowed. My car is lightly modded with 3.73s.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I raced an LT1 last year. I had my 97 GT with 4.10's and bolt ons. He had an LT1 with cams. Not sure what else he had he basically told me that the car was his dads. I ate him off the line and he didnt even get near me until i hit 4th gear. So in a 1/4 mile, not sure, prolly could have got me. in an 1/8th mile tho, he would have been smoked. I think ur good if you got some good bolt ons. maybe some gears, worst case scenario.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts