Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so coming on the end of the season i beleive my mach with 114k miles finally developed the mach 1 head tick, question is what should i do for next season invest in some cobra heads or some aftermarket heads or is it fine to leave it? isn't bad just noticable

·
Tits Magee
414 Posts
Mine ran for quite awhile with the cobra head tick. The head tick (correct me if I'm wrong) is just a worn valve guide due to cooling issues and will not affect the performance. As long as you have a good enough sound system to drone out that horrid head ticking noise.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Is there a way to prevent this tick from happening. My brother has an 03 with 50k and it doesn't do it.....yet

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine ran for quite awhile with the cobra head tick. The head tick (correct me if I'm wrong) is just a worn valve guide due to cooling issues and will not affect the performance. As long as you have a good enough sound system to drone out that horrid head ticking noise.
haha my exhaust does the job of not being able to hear the tick just anoying when ppl standing outside by the hood ask what that tick is :bash:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
haha my exhaust does the job of not being able to hear the tick just anoying when ppl standing outside by the hood ask what that tick is :bash:
I also have the tick... I can hear mine at stop lights and what not. LoL it does make people question you at a show. But they cant hear it when they are behind and cant reel me in!!:naughty:

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Is there a way to prevent this tick from happening. My brother has an 03 with 50k and it doesn't do it.....yet
the head cooling mod will cure it. lethal performance has a kit, i also see the even-flo kit is pretty popular

1 - 6 of 6 Posts