Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all. Ive been going through the threads and everytime I think I have it figured out I realize I dont.

I want the flex but I'll start with the pc and see how that goes for a while. I have a 2010 black Roush that is garage kept that needs the swirls taken out badly. Going to the Jack Roush signing in July and want it to look great. So here are a few things I'm looking at getting

Porter Cable 7424xp Performance & Shine Kit with free Bonuses

Going to use that along with Glossworks auto wash and Petes 53 but I think I need a "harder" polish. and I cant seem to find the black fire wet diamond that I keep hearing about.

So am I on the right track or do I need to start all over, dont hold any punches. Glad I started looking at the detailing section, everyones enthusiasm for detailing is whats making me get off my ass and get my ride done right.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I would suggest this kit:

DI Packages PC 7424XP with M105, M205 and 5.5" pads | Detailed Image

In terms of machine polishing equipment, thats all you need. The only thing you could add, would be a fine finishing polish like Menzerna PO85RD with some Black pads. Some blue pads to go with BFWD would also be helpful.
BFWD:
Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Glossworkz is an amazing soap, so good call there. Pete's from what I hear is also amazing.

You seem to be on the right track. You will also need to invest in some good Microfibers. From what I hear, this is a good kit: microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

Theres a lot more as well, for example... you need:

• 2 Buckets
  • Wash Medium *sheepskin wash mitt)
  • Waffle Weve drying towel
  • Clay Bar kit
Just to name a few... but you seem to have a grip on the big products you need already.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links, I actually had changed my mind to the Meguire's setup before your post and thought I found a good deal your link is even better. As far as the other stuff I just need the sheepskin mitt. Just got a new lens for the Nikkon so I'll get to try that out too.

What is a good chrome wheel cleaner. Its garaged kept and not driven too much so I need something more for shine then deep cleaning.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of the packages come with 6" backing plate and 6.5" pads are the 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads better with the pc or should I go bigger?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Thanks for the links, I actually had changed my mind to the Meguire's setup before your post and thought I found a good deal your link is even better. As far as the other stuff I just need the sheepskin mitt. Just got a new lens for the Nikkon so I'll get to try that out too.

What is a good chrome wheel cleaner. Its garaged kept and not driven too much so I need something more for shine then deep cleaning.
SONAX Wheel Cleaner, all wheel cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, full effect wheel cleaner
Either use that, or for wheels that are maintained, I simply use a diluted Degresser such as Purple Power. I just dilute it either 10:1 for light cleaning or 4:1 for heavy cleaning.

A lot of the packages come with 6" backing plate and 6.5" pads are the 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads better with the pc or should I go bigger?
I like to use 5.5" pads myself. Its mainly a preference thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright at the last minute I changed my mine and went with the Menzerna line.

PC7424xp
6 pack of pads 5.5"- Lake country
5" backing plate
Menzerna- PO91eq Intensive Polish 32 oz
Menzerna- PO85U Final Polish 32 oz
Menzerna- PO85RD Micro Polish 32 oz
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 8 oz
All for $268.05 shipped from AutoGeeks

I wanted to try the Black Fire Wet Diamond but I got the wolfgang for a good price on a combo with a Menzerna product.

I still plan to order
Glossworkz-AUTO WASH -Gloss Booster and Paintwork Cleanser ( 1 Gal)
EXTREME SHINE EZ~CREME GLAZE w/ACRYLIC SHINE II (16 oz)
Pete's 53'- Black Pearl Signature Paste Wax

Do I need anything else?
I assume its, glossworkz, menzerna line, ez creme glaze, wolfgang 3.0, then pete's 53

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
All correct.

Your gonna need some good MF, A wash mitt, two buckets + grit guards, a Clay bar kit, some foam applicators for areas that you have to hand polish/wax, and all your normal detailing supplies like Quick detailers, window cleaner, ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts