Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most aggressive swirl remover on the market? I've got some pretty moderate to heavy swirling on my 99 GT and Im trying to get it right this year! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Chemical guys paint correction 700

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Using the most aggressive polish right off the bat isn't the correct way to combat the problem. Detailing is all about using the least aggressive method to achieve the results you're after. Jumping to the most aggressive polish without even knowing the depth of the clearcoat on a 12 year old car isn't exactly the best idea..

Can you show us some photos of the damage? With some photos we can recommend the best products and route to take to correct the damage.

I would say menzerna power gloss.
I think I would say the same as well.

Chemical guys paint correction 700
That's pretty 'intense' as well. He He.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Nasty brought up a great point without a PDG it would not be wise to attack your paint with an aggressive compound or polish. Always do a test spot going by what he told you and then go from there on the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I bet you cant tell I had it repainted lol. I had it painted Crimson red in 2009. 3 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear. He used Dupont Chroma color. Before it got cold last year I used wolfgang 3.0 moderate swirl remover on it and it helped in most places but my hood and the top of my car didnt get much of a makeover. We used a DA pc to remove the wolfgang but I do not remember which color pad he used. I've also been using Poor Boy's world Black hole and professional polish on it. I used a foam applicator to apply the PoorBoy's World products. Some of the swirling came from the final wetsanding and buffing of the car. It looks alright but I love this color when its next to flawless!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I would try something like Meguiars M105 on a yellow Uber 5.5" pad or a 5.5" surbuf pad and see if it removes the wetsanding and swirls from the body shop. Then follow it with Menzerna 203S on a green Uber 5.5" pad you should be able to get it exactly where you want it with that combo. If you have 4 layers of clear I doubt your going to be compromising the clear coat plus if your using a PC you should be ok;) From then on you can freshen it up with 203S and a green uber pad via your pc. But remember always test out a section and see if you can get the desired correction with the least aggressive polish and pad combo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats my spill towel I keep in the car just incase someone spills something. I was cleaning my car out so I had everything just laying around pretty much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been using chamois and micro fiber towels ever since I got it painted in 09. I know better! lol. That paint cost me $1500. I try to keep do right by it.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I've been using chamois and micro fiber towels ever since I got it painted in 09. I know better! lol. That paint cost me $1500. I try to keep do right by it.
What brand of microfibers do you use? If they are a low quality they will swirl the finish.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea what brand they are. I just got a 5 gallon bucket full from my buddy. He once had his own detailing site

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Powergloss is probably going to be your most aggressive, but it finishes off terribly; sometimes requiring more steps than needed to correct properly. M105 can finish off like most medium-cut polishes when used correctly and still has about the same cut as Powergloss, but just a tad lower.

If there are still wetsanding marks left, a rotary is going to be your best friend. I was never a fan of the Surbuf pads. Tried them, didn't like them. Chamois is notorious for leaving spider webbing. Buy a Pakshak waffle weave drying towel. Quite possibly the best you can buy.

After M105 and wool on rotary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts