Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,

I was here yesterday also ,i am Ralph from The Netherlands with an Mustang gt 2005 automatic..and would like to have an supercharger ...but is diffcult to get good advise here...i have now 2 companys 1 with an saleen and 1 with an vortec high output who can install it for me
Yesterday i get some great advise!
But can you please tell me or help me..more with some problems..
Is an vortec high output cheaper with the gas then the saleen stage 2 brenspeed ??gas is very expensive here...

And does the vortec have more power when you are driven from 50 to 80 ?? because that is what we most drive here..not so much street race to small here hahah
When does the saleen drops in power?
what is the best for your enigne??

I also heard with other gears ....but then you have more whine??

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
i can tell you right now the Saleen will never drop power...mine continues to make power all the way to 7000 rpms...and not just make power, but gains power

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Ok.

1 The vortech will keep your MPG about the same you might lose 1-2mgp tops.
2 The vortech will pull very hard above 3500 rpms so yes to the roll racing
3 the saleen will not drop in power but it will peak sooner but maintain the power. But the vortech will keep making power to redline
4 the vortech is easier on your engine.

Also the gears will not whine if you get them done right. You have 3.31's in there now. I would go with a 4.10 or a 3.73 at the very least.

·
5,818 Posts
i can tell you right now the Saleen will never drop power...mine continues to make power all the way to 7000 rpms...and not just make power, but gains power
^ because of your setup. T/S usually pull hard and make alot of power and keep making it at high boost. But if he runs lower boost W/out cams then it will peak sooner and hold constant.....not keep making power.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i am planning to drive at least 8 years....so an supercharger who last long....and not to expensive with the gas ...??? is saleen much more with the gas??

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Gas Mileage:
Its all on how you drive it, but a car building boost quicker is pushing more air into the cylinders at a lower rpm which will take more fuel to compensate and keep your air/fuel ratio safe. So I would assume that a roots/twinscrew would use slightly more fuel than a centrifugal. I have no information to back that up, but that seems logical....

·
5,818 Posts
it will last longer than that. Just change the supercharger's oil and the car's oil on time and take car of your car.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
That is a tough decison.

I would get the Saleen myself - I like the instant power from a stop.

·
5,818 Posts
Oke ...seems that i really have to choose saleen stage 2 or vortec high output...hahaha diffcult..
you will make more power with the vortech high output and use less gas than the saleen stage 2.... your rwhp with the saleen will be around 435hp and the vortech could be 450+rwhp.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yours is little more than a brenspeed stage 2 kit though from what I understand. Ported and cams correct?

If you are wanting pretty much instant tire shredding power then go with the saleen.

If you want your power mainly up top. Then go with the vortech. Like others have stated the Vortech is not as hard on your motor either due to its nature of building boost.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Technically, I am running the same pulley that comes with the stage 2 kit, but yes, I have other mods not included in the kit

OP, the Saleen blower will make your car feel much faster than the vortech will...if you are that worried about gas, dont bother getting a supercharger

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Technically, I am running the same pulley that comes with the stage 2 kit, but yes, I have other mods not included in the kit

OP, the Saleen blower will make your car feel much faster than the vortech will...if you are that worried about gas, dont bother getting a supercharger
+1

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

+1 :yes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts