Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Nice man, love me a GTO. I was a pube hair away from buying a cammed 06 a while ago. It had Pacesetter LT's, catted mids, x pipe, blowmaster 40's, ls7 drivetrain and VRX5 cam. If you want a cam with a great sound, power and can drive around a lot without bucking like a bitch then I definitely suggest the VRX5. When driving it I wanted to stop at every place possible because that idle :drool :drool :drool :drool

Thing pulled like a train in every single gear too. I would love to find one again sometime and put that cam in it. Once thing I hated was how long that stock shifter was. My God, that thing was horrible. Here's a video of the one I drove for reference on the VRX5

Really wish I would've bought that car but a part of me is also glad that I didn't.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Figured I'd pop in here too since I just picked up a GTO not too long ago. It's a 6 speed, although an 04. Got a great deal on it though so couldn't pass it up. I was wanting to go twin turbo with it.
Kind of funny, or ironic, I'm trying to make my GTO faster than what my srt was, considering the SS and srt are pretty similar cars I thought we had a lot in common lol.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Figured I'd pop in here too since I just picked up a GTO not too long ago. It's a 6 speed, although an 04. Got a great deal on it though so couldn't pass it up. I was wanting to go twin turbo with it.
Kind of funny, or ironic, I'm trying to make my GTO faster than what my srt was, considering the SS and srt are pretty similar cars I thought we had a lot in common lol.
That's awesome man. Been busy with it since I've been on vacation the last few weeks. Dipped the wheels, did 5% tint all around, installed long tubes and a cat back, and my monster clutch just came in Friday.

I've absolutely fallen in love with this car over the last few weeks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Nice GTO! I always liked them as a performance car, but always thought of them butt ugly. :lol

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I always thought of them as very vanilla, but I also drive a cobalt, which is pretty bland too. lol. It's grown on me looks wise since I've blacked it out.

·
This space for rent!
854 Posts
still bummed i didn't try harder to find a GTO, that sounds fantastic

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That's awesome man. Been busy with it since I've been on vacation the last few weeks. Dipped the wheels, did 5% tint all around, installed long tubes and a cat back, and my monster clutch just came in Friday.

I've absolutely fallen in love with this car over the last few weeks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks brother. Your car looks and sounds great, I wish I could afford some performance goodies right now but I just wanna save up and do something big all at once. Comes slow since I'm a poor college student lol. Can't wait to watch your progress on your goat!

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just a little update. Installed a B&M short shifter as well as a Monster Stage 2 clutch about two weeks ago. Was a bit more money then the LS7 clutch, but I heard nothing but great things on this clutch. While doing that install, noticed the carrier bearing on the driveshaft was bad, so ordered an aluminum one piece from GForce and got that installed Thursday, right as I finished breaking in the clutch. Took her down to OC, MD that night for the cruisin' weekend and the new short shifter and clutch is amazing. No more noise from play in the driveshaft, and no more thoughts of doom when I'm having a spirited drive.

The only thing left to replace that I was worried about failing is the rear axles, but I'm really getting the itch for more power, and I think I'm going to go with a cam and tune through Race Proven Motorsports in Northern DE. Either going to be a custom grind or the Texas Speed MS3(237/242 .603"/.609").

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I had the Cobalt down Thursday morning and was getting followed by cops non stop. Didn't help that everyone and their mom tried racing me. Made some gen coupes look stupid and an orange foxbody that kept bashing the car. Then I come down in the goat and do burnouts out the ass and the cops just didn't care. lol.

I officially need a new set of rear tires. These were basically brand new with a 400 tread wear. Aaaaaaaand their gone. lol

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
Old thread. Oh well.

Great ready for that B&M to snap in half. Mgw-p or the gmm shifters are the only two worth a ****.

Go with a FTI (Ed Curtis) or Tick performance (Martin Smallwood) custom spec'd cam.

Tick will be spec'ing my cam when I go twins. I have a TSP 244/248 .612 .615 112lsa cam for my 403. Had a monster level 1 in my first gto. Liked it a lot.

Look into the harrop diff cover and insert upgrade. They are expensive (what isn't for the gto) but on sale right now at Gforce.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I've looked at a bunch of off the shelf cams, but I'm just going to go with whatever Race Proven Motorsports(Delaware) recommends. I've heard nothing but good things about them, and I have a lot of friends that get work done with them. Thinking about going with the ported LS3 heads like you did. Can't beat the bang for the buck.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well, I haven't really made any progress. Blew my car part money on a motor for a future fox project, but I did finally replace the 04-05 tails with a set of 2006 tails. Much cleaner look, IMO. Also pulled all of the faded trim pieces off and scrubbed them with some back to black.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts