Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then, new full 3" cat-back is on, full 3" from the turbo back now. Here's what's coming up:
1) Time for an oil change. I took a trip from Dallas to Austin to Houston and back home, dipstick says I'm fine, my heart tells me I should do it anyway. So I beseech MM for its advice. To Seafoam or not to Seafoam since I'll be changing the oil soon? I know all the reasons why the internet says I should use Seafoam to clean out my everything and do the awesome white smoke in the middle of a school parking lot, is it as worthwhile as people make it out to be?

2) Dyno Tune. No question here I'm just telling you guys that I'm picking up a new wideband here at some point and once that's in I'm getting a few passes on the dyno. A baseline to see what kind of changes the full 3" made on the old tune, and then a new one to see what kind of gains we can see.

3) TIRES. That's right these POS tires are finally wearing down (not like I've been babying them.......:cool:) So I need something in a 275/40 or 45/18Z range. I've heard so much BS from so many people. Nitto 555r this, Hoosier that, Potenzas, F1's, etc. etc. As cool as I think it would be to roll around with big fat Hoosier drags on my car, I just need a decent street radial I can take to the track every so often and get a decent launch out of it, then drive home. Recommendations?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
im going with nitto 555s when i get new tires. and i basically do the same thing as you. drive it every day and occassionaly go to the track.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda figured the general consensus would be Nittos, I'll probably end up doing that.
07 why would you not seafoam a car? Is it a waste or just potentially harmful? The description sounds like it's perfectly safe (other than not changing your oil relatively soon after doing it)

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Well I have heard nothing but good things about the 555r's...they arent the best for the strip but make an excellent gripping street tire...thats what I will be ordering in the next few months...305/35/20 DR's

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
I only use Seafoam in the fuel tank, and that's on older cars not the Mustang. Haven't and probably won't ever do the white smoke engine clean on any car.

Edit: Some newer cars that sit for a long period of time also.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm well I guess I'll nix the Seafoam idea until I see some legitimate evidence to its benefit, for now I'll chalk it up to something like Zmax. Would've been fun to do the white smoke thing though, people around here freak out enough with just a loud car near by, can't imagine the hilarious antics that would ensue if I left a big puff of smoke in my wake.

Thanks guys, any other input is welcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used Sea Foam in my old '99 Silverado when I still had it. worked well. I put it in through the vacuum hose and the white smoke poured. not sure about any performance gains but it definitely didn't hurt the motor. I did have 123,000 miles on it though

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Pirelli's FTW
lol j/k
Why dont you get a set of Cooper Zeon 2XS's
Coopers are used on the drag pack for great numbers at the track with roush.
And not only that they handle well my cousin uses them on his M3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts