Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello all I'm Dane I found this site by searching google for 2.3 mustang forums this was the first on the list

1989 Mustang 2.3 LX notchback

Mods:
Air Silencer Remove
170 Thermostat

Future Mods:
Who Knows Hopefully 2.3T but I bought this a beater car and it's in really good shape... no rust or nothing so It may become another one of my project cars

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all I'm Jerry

89 LX 2.3 n/a
Current Mods: unsure really, wife bought it so I would have a beater after I get back from being deployed. This is a project car cause I cant touch my next new car. Per the boss (wife)

Future mods:
New paint job
Katskin Interior
Rims
Possible V8 swap or 2.3T swap unsure atm
of course all swaps associated with the engine swap... tranny, rear end, headers, exhaust and drive shaft.
Saleen body kit

Honestly hoping to get about 350-400hp out of this project so that when I by my new car and can test them both at the track... Don't be mad by my new car will be the 08 Camaro V8 (which ever V8 is out first.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey im Bob, I am 17 and have a 1989 Mustang 2.3

Ive got a custom CAI, Higher volt coil, racing wires and plugs

Its gray w/ gray interior

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys, I am mechanically retarded, and might have somebody help me put a header on my ride. Will I have to do any mods to the header? Can anyone help me out on this one? Im a broke college student and want my ride to not suck as much. Thanks guys!!!

·
Banned
5,919 Posts
this isn't the thread to ask that question in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im Barry

93 lx notch back, teal green , american racing wheels

no engine mods yet, I probally wont do much more then cold air intake and header, this is a daily driver and no plans to race it

starting bodywork soon, I will probally add a custom hood and rear spoiler

·
Registered
24 Posts
im mike I have a 1992 LX 2.3l vert that unfortunatly was wrecked when some idoit on a crotch rocket laid down his bike in front of me and i swerved into a pole at 35 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a newb to the site, Ive had this car for 8 years and did nothing but sat at my grandpas. I pulled it out of the beat up metal shed it was under and rolled it into the garage, I started to take it a apart fix what needed to be replaced, drain gas tank, change brakes, etc. Well, now I can't stop. So, I bought a 5.0 block the other day and was thinking of converting it, however I might just leave it at a 2.3L, nothing special on the car, its bone stock. If I do I would like to add:

cam
lifters
dual exhaust(cat back, etc) -already have some of it.
Turbo ( if I can find a wrecked 87-88 TC)
TB
convert to Rear Disk Brakes
and a lot of other goodies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey, I'm Leslie

'93 LX hatchback, 2.3 n/a 5spd

Mods to date: custom cold air intake, removed the cat & muffler (straight pipes FTW!), plat 4 plugs, and now there's a 351W sitting in storage until I gather everything else together... other mods are a Grant steering wheel, Hurst pistol grip, smoked tail lights and clear heads

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have no idea, that had been all silver, but i made the center black cause it just looked better, heres what i plan for paint, let me know what you think

21 - 40 of 167 Posts