Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finn
'93 lx notchback 2.3n/a
Brand new cooling system and alternator, Cold air intake w/ larger filter, new tie rods and legit tires :D
Glass pack and ram air later today :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Donovan

1993 Mustang LX Notchback 2.3 Auto

Future mods: header, dual tip exhaust, cold air intake, and anything else I see down the road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kyle

1991 2.3 foxbody

Mods: dump dual exhaust,painted 10 wheels,

Future mods:new interior,turbo set up,camm,short shifter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fred

1989 LX Convertible

Mods: Silencer delete, GT Sway bars (with all poly bushings), "Phone Dials" with P225/60-15s

Next (have parts, need time): A4LD upgrades (SONNAX Mods, shift kit, 4x4 pan and filter), 8.8" Traction-Lok Rear, Poly rear lower control arm bushings, Poly differential bushing.

Future: Stitch weld torque boxes and UCA mounts, Subframe Connectors (full length), EEC-V Conversion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
David

88 2.3 n/a 5-speed coupe w/custom intake
Future mods:
SVO turbo motor with Stinger performance package.
5-lug swap
full suspension
black interior conversion
my list is to long.

·
Registered
208 Posts
87 2.3 n/a

will get a turbo one day as well as a volvo head (I have 90% of parts for each)
Also, I will convert to EEC-V, in order to get Coil on Plug ignition.

Right now, in the process of converting to EDIS. Need to figure out the 36-1 trigger wheel and sensor.

Currently, I'm running a v8 ecu from a 95 Mustang; T4M0.
SEFI, fan control, and fully developed tuning Strategy with better support than any 2.3t ecu.
I tried an LA3 and never could get the idle satisfactory. I think SEFI (vs batch fire) was a big part of that...

I also have a ranger roller cam, ranger header with WB installed, adjustable cam gear (still at 0*), pcv elimination via a catch can (ready for a vac pump though).

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,951 Posts
Michael
93 2.3L 5 spd Coupe
17" wheels
96 V6 master cyl
MM 3 into 2 master cyl brake line kit
MM proportioning valve eliminator kit
Adjustable proportioning valve with pressure gauge
Turbocoupe rear end with disk brakes
V8 front spindles and brakes
V8 frt and rear swaybars
Spec Stage 3 clutch
off road midpipe with Y into V8 dual flow's with chrome V8 tips
Preparing to tune with Moates and BE as soon as Sailorbob gets me my unlock code
billet shifter
Aluminum radiator

Future mods:
stinger header and cold side kit
60 trim turbo
E85 tune
V8 T5 swap
ported head
camshaft swap
built shortblock
subframe connectors
tubular kmember
caster camber plates
paintjob.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jim
1986 LX coupe
2.3 4 speed

Immediate changes: Return things to stock to pass emissions and inspection, fix whatever's causing my insane high idle, new brake master cylinder, brake lines, etc. Need to figure out why I don't have low beams, whether it's the headlight switch or the combo switch in the column.

Future mods: I've got a 351W and a 9" housing for it, we'll see where it goes. It was still wet from rain when I took this pic...the clear is badly peeled.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
Ratty is usually the only thing in my budget! I can run it through a wire wheel and strip all the rust and whatnot off, and shoot it with some paint. Bright red '93 hatch, so maybe flat black with aluminium on the heat shield? Looks like it's 2.5-3", so I could chop it to use if I ever get around to doing my turbo build.

Speaking of which, have you looked at doing a 2.3t? It'd be a very easy swap as far as wiring harness and everything, and it'll handle much better than with that big ol' 351 up front. If you insist on 351 though, find yourself a 351C shortblock and put the fuel injected 351W top end on it. I hear the cleaveland has a better stroke, more cheap power!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your budget sounds an awful lot like mine. The 351 just happened to come with the car, so it's kind of an "I don't really have to spend $ right now to get a (insert engine here), and the 2.3 runs". It does like to idle high, but I've got a lot to do on it right off the bat. I just ordered a headlight switch and brake master cylinder. Yes, they had to order them. I found something neat in the car; a little metal tag along with an original dealer sheet folded up in the back of the original owners manual. Car was originally sold in FL for something over $8k, I should see if I can scan these in.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
A guy I know is trying to sell a 351 with forged pistons and a few other go fast goodies for a few hundred bucks. He's an engineer and VERY anal about his stuff, so I'm sure it's got some good stuff in it.

Get an SVO master cylinder. Do a rear disc swap and bigger front brakes, you'll be good to go. The 4cyls smaller brakes might create a problem with that big ol' 5.8 up front. Or, sell the 351. A 2.3t is cheaper and easier, can build alot of power, lightweight so they're faster and handle better...plus, you'd only have to make a few modifications to your existing wiring harness to get it done!

Food for thought. You can get a full SVO motor (or turbocoupe motor) for $500. Parts are cheap, easy to work on. Plenty of room up front too lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, we'll see what happens. Not having a bunch of luck finding a turbo coupe drivetrain, but, there's nothing set in stone yet anyways. Upgrades and improvements will happen at some point down the line. Here's what I found in the owners manual. I smudged out the VIN, just because. That little silver looking thing in the middle is the metal tag that was with the paper.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
I'll be selling a turbo longblock soon. Just found an XR4Ti in the junkyard, pulled the motor on the spot. Already have a longblock so I don't really need another.

·
Fourbangin it :)
20 Posts
my name is juan
i own an 87 hatch

only mods

intake
supper 44 flowmaster
rear battery transfer
radiator off a v8(runs nice and cool)

future mods(realistically)
underdriven pulleys
5 lug conver
tuck the engine bay
new radiator fan that doesnt look huge to save space and some weight
strip the interior and start buying everything new
weight reduction, some more weight reduction ... o and then some more weight reduction lol
one the reduction process is set ill do some head work nothing major.
may b a small cam swap(one that makes a diff but wont have to work with the computer) some porting and shaving of the head :)

thats just for starters, i wana see how far i can go with a naturally aspire engine
well talk turbo later when im done with school in march

121 - 140 of 166 Posts