Realistically, 175-200hp with that motor is feasible if you're willing to have your head shaved.
Secondedededed. Pictures!Name's Frank, I have a 84 notch iv been tinkering with for a while, started with a carb 2.3.
Current Engine Performance mods:
* 1987 Thunderbird 2.3 turbo swap
* EFI coversion
* Stage3 Bo-port head
* Essy 2277 cam kit
* MSG blaster coil
* Supercoupe throttle body
* 40 Bob gutted upper ported lower, ported and flow tested by Bo-port
* Proform Electric Fan
* Kirban fuel pressure regulator
* 255pph walbro intank pump
* Holset WH1C
* Twin Tial MV-S wastegates
* Delphi 85 pph injectors (893 cc at 43 psi Fuel pressure)
* Stinger Performances intercooler kit
* Forge bov
* NGK Iridium IX plugs
* Bo-port twin scroll turbo manifold
* 3"exhaust to Magnaflow with a turn down before axle
* Stinger Performance's "P.I.M.P"
Current Drive Train And Suspention Mods:
* 8.8 swap with 3:55 gears and posi
* 31 spine axles
* Spec stage3 clutch
* 1987 Thunderbird T5 swap (B&M short shifter)
* AJE tubular K-member and A-arms
* Tubular upper and lower control arms
* GT front and rear shocks
* 265/50/16 BFG G-Force drag radials
* 1988 GT front brake swap/upgrade
* Autometer boost gauge
* Autometer electronic fuel pressure gauge
* AEM wideband
Interior Appearance Mods:
* Black arm rests
* Black dash pad
* Black lock knobs
* Black latch bezels
* Modified black lock switch bezels
* Black e-brake bezel
* Grant 415 steering wheel
* Shift knob from an 88' mustang
* Custom carbon fiber gauge plate
* Green gauge cluster lights
* Black seat covers
* Black Turbo badge
Exterior Appearance Mods:
* 16" pony wheels
* 2.3 badges
EST. 300 RWHP @14.5psi
EST. 12.XX 1/4 mile
the fuel relay should be under the driver seat unless someone has moved it over the years. on my 92 4 banger it site right comfortably under the drivers seat.Hello. I have a 93 4 banger and have spent all day trying to find informaion on where my fuel pump relay is located. I have the supposed replacment from Car Quest, but can find nothing on the firewall, shock tower or under the drivers seat that is it. Can you help?
Old post but to correct the record...the fuel relay should be under the driver seat unless someone has moved it over the years. on my 92 4 banger it site right comfortably under the drivers seat.
Hey at least you have ponies, and modern headlamps.Hey guys I'm rudy I have a 91 notch back red. Work in progress, 2.3t swap, what's in it is a stock 2.3l right now, running shitty but with some help from you guys and some days off I might get her back to being spunky again.
Hey at least you have ponies, and modern headlamps.
BTW, you are running the original coil packs, so I presume you are running the original DIS.
They are prone to failure and can cause mistiming/misfiring.
If your car randomly throws check lights, that come and go, randomly decides not to accelerate. Or if the tach "dances" occasionally, you may gave a bad DIS module or coil packs.
If you do a self test and get error code 223 then that could cause the bad running.
When I changed out the DIS module and the coils, both coil packs were cracked on the corners around the mounts, I believe, and on the bottom, might be worth unscrewing your packs and making sure that they are still solid.
---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------
In my picture I still have the original coils, but there gone now, .