Modded Mustang Forums banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My name is Tim,I just got a 92 Notch 2.3.All stock
with some new parts.shout out to Mikel of 1320stangs in phoenix..
As for whats planned. Rippen out that old tired little heart and replacing it with a a 5.0.and a 5 speed trabny.5 lug. Disk breaks all around.2inch drop.4:10 gears..and some cosmetic work.
However.I think it would be fun to shoehorn a ford raptor motor in it.just sayen

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Understandable but sad to see another 2.3L scrapped in favor of a bigger mill. There's amazing HP potential in the 2.3's, using very few add-on parts. The 2.3 can offer a reasonable compromise between performance and economy as well. I guess if you need more than 550 HP from your street car, then the V-8 is the logical way to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Steven
1993 Mustang LX 2.3 5 speed
mods=Flowmaster muffler, custom air intake piping, Pony Wheels, GT body kit, removed dogbone cable
future mods=considering 2.3T or 5.0 swap

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey I'm BJ. I have an '89 convertible with full '88 turbo coupe drive train, even using the hydraulic clutch. I'm running fms b springs with koni blues and sve upper and lower control arms. I'm using the tc brakes and sway bars all around. I've added a stinger header and fmic. Still working out a few bugs here and there, but I'm having a blast with it. Boost is definitely addicting! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Calvin Lockhart

89 2.3LX Notchback

Mods so far were necessary and include:

Smoked Altezza taillights
17x8 Silver SC Style wheels wrapped in Nitto NT555
CAI with K&N cone filter
Steeda rear sway bar
Energy Suspension front sway busings
Ford Racing Lowering springs
Gabriel Ultra shocks

Most of these mods were to improve the ride of the vehicle however with the CAI I would like to go back to a stock air box. I installed a CAI b/c when I got the car it had a DIY 3" ABS air intake that was melting over the exhaust Mani.

Future mods: Keep this beast alive!

·
Registered
10 Posts
1989 Mustang 25th Anniversary Convertible, 2.3L, A4LD, Air, 7.5" w/ 3.73 Open Diff.

Added a 1993 8.8" rear with Traction-Lok.
10 hole "Phone Dials" w/ 225/60-15s on all 4's.
Battle Boxes, braced rear arms, 2x4" to 2x2" tube subframe.

Soon to have:
2001 Ford Ranger 2.5L Lima, 4R44E trans, harness and electronics.
Eventually FFV ECU and harness upgrade with a 5R55E trans (4x4 with RWD tailhousing).

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,961 Posts
So little love for our beloved 2.3L. I made 447 rwhp with a 60mm turbo and a 2.5L stroker. Love the 2.3L engine. Highly under rated.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts