Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for all the questions I've been asking, but I'm not familiar with the 5.0 yet. This summer me and my dad are taking the V6 out of my 2003 and putting a 5.0 from a fox-N95. I'm definitely staying EFI. It wont be a daily driver, but I am more familiar with EFI and carb. I'll definitely be putting new heads, intake, and a cam. I would like to stroke and/or bore the engine as well, but I'll have to wait and see how much money I have. Since I don't know much about the 5.0s what intake and heads would you recommend? Also could a 27spline 8.8" rear end hold up if I had a stroke kit on a 302, maybe with a 100 shot of nitrous too....

·
Registered
423 Posts
its 28 spline

and ya the 28 spline should hold up to atleast at the minimum 650hp

and you do know that your going to have to swap the computer out of the fox into your car

and switch your OBDII port to an OBDI

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
28 spline axles will be more than enough for any street car that sees limited track use.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I meant to hit 8 and I hit 7. I didn't say it was going to be quick or easy lol. If I have a choice would it be better to do a swap from a fox or 94-95? I'm guessing 94-95, but idk. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my tranny either. I was just going to have a new input shaft put on my T5, but dad wants to get a TKO...

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Sorry I meant to hit 8 and I hit 7. I didn't say it was going to be quick or easy lol. If I have a choice would it be better to do a swap from a fox or 94-95? I'm guessing 94-95, but idk. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my tranny either. I was just going to have a new input shaft put on my T5, but dad wants to get a TKO...
your car doesnt have a t-5 in it

·
Registered
5,029 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I'll get one from a fox instead. Does anyone know anyone who has done a 302 swap on a 99-04?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ive seen some, its not very common.. but becoming somewhat popular. The computers in the 94-95s are no different than the ones in the 87-93s. They're both OBDI, both are A9L EEC-IV. I dont know how inspection works in your area, but a swap like this isnt legal in most states. Just so you know.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will be more of a show/drag car. I'm getting ready to buy a Bronco in the next two weeks so it will be my dd. Legal isn't really a worry lol.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
For that matter, skip the EFI and computer crap and throw a carb on there.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
your car doesnt have a t-5 in it
the t5 to my knowledge was used all the way up to 04 in the V6 might still be used in the s-197 but i can't guarantee that but i swear to you that the fox 4 platform used the T5 in the 3.8

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The bigger the engine I get the more expensive It gets and my funds are going to be close of all this.

I dont think the one I took out of mine i the beginning was a T5..maybe it was but I dont think so. I know the one I have no is though.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The bigger the engine I get the more expensive It gets and my funds are going to be close of all this.

I dont think the one I took out of mine i the beginning was a T5..maybe it was but I dont think so. I know the one I have no is though.
A 351w is no more expensive than building a 302 for the same performance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
the t5 to my knowledge was used all the way up to 04 in the V6 might still be used in the s-197 but i can't guarantee that but i swear to you that the fox 4 platform used the T5 in the 3.8
the T-5 is still used in the V-6 mustangs

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Which is cost to put out more power and which will cost less?

302 Stroker
or

1 - 20 of 38 Posts