Modded Mustang Forums banner

25301 - 25320 of 25620 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Cobra time?

Yessir. 99 cobra with Bassani off road x and no mufflers. Also has short throw, racing clutch and butchered CAI. Also the previous owner put a billet grill on the car but instead of removing the cobra emblem they cut off the top three mounting holes and zip tied the damn thing to the emblem and the under hood panel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
With salt on the roads?!
Salt was cleared off - that whole week was 45+ temp and it had rained for 2 days clearing everything off. With the weather how it was, I had to take her out.

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Yessir. 99 cobra with Bassani off road x and no mufflers. Also has short throw, racing clutch and butchered CAI. Also the previous owner put a billet grill on the car but instead of removing the cobra emblem they cut off the top three mounting holes and zip tied the damn thing to the emblem and the under hood panel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Haha I hate when previous owners butcher a nice car to death. Congrats on the buy anyways, I'm sure you'll love it!
Salt was cleared off - that whole week was 45+ temp and it had rained for 2 days clearing everything off. With the weather how it was, I had to take her out.
Ahhhh thats fair I can't argue that. We just had a week like that. It went from 60 last week, to -5 today lol.

·
Registered
981 Posts
How hard was the install?
I will say when the factory wheel cover is on the steering wheel it butts up to the Rubber spoke when I took the factory cover off there was a small step on each spoke I just had to filling that void so it dropped off evenly I used cloth electrical tape or insulated electrical tape and it filled in perfectly and feels great.

It's actually not that hard to do hi believe it is easy is leasing a shoe. All you're doing is doing a diamond stitch. Very easy to do it's just you doing this approximately 300 times. That's where it's time consuming as well as stretching the leather and putting glue or you need it so the wheel will stick in that pull back

25301 - 25320 of 25620 Posts