Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this old picture.. Thought it would be fun to share.
The owner of the local ford dealership (family friend) purchased the original Eleanor back in late 2001/2002 from the movie auction. The car is one of the 6 made for the movie. This is a picture of me and a buddy in Eleanor when the owner had it stashed in his small rental home while his 8 million dollar home was being built. The red car in the picture was a ferrari. He had 15+ cars including a supercharged 01 Bullitt that he took me around in. That is where the real mustang bug bit me. It was fun to watch Gone in 60 seconds in the owners huge home theatre and then go into the 15 car garage and sit in it. Good times!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
69fastback might have just ruined some ones childhood.
Not sure if you are correcting me as the car being a 69 fastback made into a fake shelby...? I'm well aware the movie cars were all fastbacks made into fake shelby GT500's for the movies sake.
What i'm sayin is this is the real movie car and has become SUPER RARE as several replicas have been made from SHELBY's line of GT500E cars, to body kit replications, to as far as a company that makes replicas because the car is so sought after.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Not sure if you are correcting me as the car being a 69 fastback made into a fake shelby...? I'm well aware the movie cars were all fastbacks made into fake shelby GT500's for the movies sake.
What i'm sayin is this is the real movie car and has become SUPER RARE as several replicas have been made from SHELBY's line of GT500E cars, to body kit replications, to as far as a company that makes replicas because the car is so sought after.
He was getting at the original Eleanor was a 73 Mach 1 from the Gone in 60 Seconds before it was a remake. And Eleanor is a 67 Fastback ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, the '73 was the original Gone in 60 seconds mustang. This car is the Original Gone in 60 seconds (year 2000)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
That car......

My ex and I spent some time with Eleanor with my camera..............

NWS..............

I warned you...............

NWS...................

LAST WARNING................

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
No, actually what I'm saying is the Eleanor in the new Gone in 60 Seconds, like the one posted, is not a Shelby GT500. It's not even a GT500 replica. It's not a Shelby anything, and that movie has somehow skewed that. I don't say it to be a dick. I'm just saying it because I don't think most of the younger generation realizes that a 67 GT500 looks nothing like that car. That car was created soley for that movie.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, actually what I'm saying is the Eleanor in the new Gone in 60 Seconds, like the one posted, is not a Shelby GT500. It's not even a GT500 replica. It's not a Shelby anything, and that movie has somehow skewed that. I don't say it to be a dick. I'm just saying it because I don't think most of the younger generation realizes that a 67 GT500 looks nothing like that car. That car was created soley for that movie.
Right. I was just titling the car by what it is called in the movie. I'm not claiming it to be a real shelby.

·
Registered
311 Posts
may be an even dumber question... but what is the car from gone in 60 seconds...? if not a shelby gt500? Im a "younger generation" . and My favorite mustang of all time has been a 73 mach 1.. never seen one till i saw that movie.. instantly.. fell in love with that hood.. that body.. that.. ass.. ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The silver mustangs pictured in this thread are replica 67 Shelby GT500's the 73 mach1 that the other guys on here are talking a obout was yellow and a different body style. The 73 was in the original movie gone in 60 seconds that came out in the 70's. The silver 67 GT500 was in the remake of gone in 60 seconds that came out in the year 2000

This is the 73 from the first movie

And the 67 from the remake

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
Damn Buzz Killington's up in here. Cool picture man. I've definitely become sick of the massive amounts of "eleanor" clones that have been produced when the cars could have gone towards a more appropriate restoration, but being able to say you sit in such an iconic car from a movie that made mustangs jump in price three-fold is pretty sweet.

·