Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some input on some visual modifications I want to make with this car. I want it to look clean, so not over the top. So keep in mind I want to keep the front bumper.

So far the car has a Mach 1 Chin/grille, and new headlights from AM. Pictures:

:tomato

What I am getting soon: H&R SS springs (v6)

The hardest part for me is finding a good look for a silver new edge. It's hard because most parts work for dark colored cars or white cars, but look not so great with the silver paint.

I want to get a new set of wheels that pop, and make it look clean. I'm not sure if I want black wheels because I may get bored of the look.

As for a hood.. 2000 Cobra R Hood looks good and the rise isn't big, since I don't want to drill for a scoop which will look like every other v6/gt. I'll probably add hood pins to it as well and end the front off with fogs.

The back is the hard part, I may just leave it plain and get a cobra shaved rear, get the tips aligned to the cut outs and then remove the spoiler?

Once again, some guidance would be nice before I go ahead and waste money on something that'll look terrible that some may have seen! :eek:

thanks

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
clean silver new edge GT...you don't say :)

i tried out a few different looks during my 8 month run with it

might i reccomend loosing the rocker stripe

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are those 18" cobra r's? They match up pretty sex. I need to wait till it's warm to peel off the rocker stripe on the car, I'll pry up a little to see how bad it is. I don't want 2 shades of paint..

I may go chrome 18" bullitts though with the wheels :shiftyeyes

Not sure if I should remove the wing, replace it with another or paint it black..

·
Registered
902 Posts
just like 6er's last pic, IMO silver on silver is clean, with no rocker stripes, and wingless, just my opinion though :)

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Lose the stripe, lower, black or silver staggered wheels/tires, Tints, shorter antenna... Hood scoop, side scoop (if you can find them cheap, not so necessary at the moment), wingless or black wing, GT rear bumper, fog lights.

And GT hoods are fcukin' awesome! Silly... They never get old. You won't know how much nicer your hood's gonna be until you actually get the scoop! I wish I had that kind instead of my "cobra hood but came standard on V6s later on" hood.

·
Registered
530 Posts
.. carried the silver theme into the interior as well, down to the silver bars on the rear seat!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lose the stripe, lower, black or silver staggered wheels/tires, Tints, shorter antenna... Hood scoop, side scoop (if you can find them cheap, not so necessary at the moment), wingless or black wing, GT rear bumper, fog lights.

And GT hoods are fcukin' awesome! Silly... They never get old. You won't know how much nicer your hood's gonna be until you actually get the scoop! I wish I had that kind instead of my "cobra hood but came standard on V6s later on" hood.

that, but in silver with chrome bullits? Love the look of that hood, btw

the cobra/04 v6 hood looks cool I think but the downside is obviously not being able to install a scoop like you said. Maybe.. put one on facing the windsheild? ;)

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts

that, but in silver with chrome bullits? Love the look of that hood, btw

the cobra/04 v6 hood looks cool I think but the downside is obviously not being able to install a scoop like you said. Maybe.. put one on facing the windsheild? ;)
I can't see the pic you just posted...:dunno

Reversed scoop is retarded bro... No sireeeee... First, it doesn't look right. 2nd it'd look like a mini cowl hood that's not even functional. 3rd... It's just wrong. Lol it's either leave it the way it is or get a different one.:yes

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Not exactly what you were talking about but this one is actually on eBay for $150 primed, $250 color matched.... I was like, :wtf

·
Banned
17,374 Posts

Torched pretty much coverd it all :)
at urpanic....see that stripe...if any of us on this site ever see you do that to your car we will drive up together in a cruise of awesomeness and set your v6 on fire :yes

also btw...those cobra r's are the factory 17x9's

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so simple and good looking, that's probably how I'll do my rear, just a simple black out and GT bumper..

Sorry my picture didn't work, I'll try and get it up soon

oh and 6er, don't worry, seemed like a trap :shiftyeyes

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thanks man. I didn't want to over do the black...I am going to paint my spoiler matte black though..that will be all after that.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@scott- That's what I've already thought about doing, and might so it will match with the black out- would you say the honeycomb is worth it?

We can trade for a day torch, and swap mods, there we go, and torch! I'm going to get a headunit like yours.. how do you like Pioneer?

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Trade?! Sure. I like my HU... It does it's job pretty good... Nav/BT/HD ect. Ready... Expensive to get those though...

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
find me one and I'll buy it now, at that price, that's a win :shiftyeyes

1 - 20 of 142 Posts