Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like its done, Was Coming home earlier today from Monrovia after dropping my brother off for work.

Well on the way back i took the streets(something told me to stay off the freeway) and about 3/4 of the way home the car did a big hesitation, then idle dropped (while i was driving) it only lasted about 2 seconds then it came back to normal but i can still feel that the car is not driving right.

Well i am able to get the car home, Backed it into my Garage shut her down and as im getting off i hear water dripping?? So i start looking around for it and sure enough its coming from the front underside of the car and of course there's a huge puddle of water underneath.

So i open the Hood and its Spewing water from the Reservoir, The Hose going toward the water pump and the hose from were the thermostat is so now its none drivable like that and cant do anything until Tuesday.

Anyone know what it could be? Also it feels as if the oil is not oil at all, i pulled out the dipstick and checked it and it feels kinda like water and it doesnt even leave a oily residue on my finger, could it be that there might be a cracked head/gasket even tho the oil is the tradition brown/black look and not tan when water is in it, so let me know what you guys think and sorry for the long read but im a little disappointed right now.

Heres a pic of the Oil...

·
Registered
170 Posts
when water and oil mix it get really milky looking, most likely you overheated the engine where the oil completley broke down. when you were driving it were you paying attention to your temp gauges?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Coolant overflowing from the overflow bottle is a classic symptom of a blown head gasket allowing exhaust gases into the coolant. There is a test that can be done on the coolant to confirm that. I think if you take some of the coolant
to a radiator shop they can do the test on it.

You say there is "water" leaking out. I assume you mean anifreeze/water mix. If you are running plain water that could cause the problem you are having.

The oil looks like it might have some water in it (brownish color).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when water and oil mix it get really milky looking, most likely you overheated the engine where the oil completley broke down. when you were driving it were you paying attention to your temp gauges?
yea i always keep eye's on my gauges, and obviously when this happened that was the first place i looked, there was no check engine light, the temp gauge is were it normally is right down the middle, so that leads me to beleive that maybe the gauges are not working properly also.

Coolant overflowing from the overflow bottle is a classic symptom of a blown head gasket allowing exhaust gases into the coolant. There is a test that can be done on the coolant to confirm that. I think if you take some of the coolant
to a radiator shop they can do the test on it.

You say there is "water" leaking out. I assume you mean anifreeze/water mix. If you are running plain water that could cause the problem you are having.

The oil looks like it might have some water in it (brownish color).
i've never ran just water in the coolant, its what ever the dealer has maintained in it, i always have it serviced at the dealer so what ever they add is whats in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts