Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for me to finally acquire the cobra :D but need some last minute help.

I've read so many buying guides my head is swimming with information and I've got information overload :computer:. I'm paying to have compression, leak down and general inspection done. I'm going to check the oil and exhaust for smoke and milk.

The only thing that bothers me is, it has a pulley swap (dyno'd @ 450rwhp, 12lbs still on the eaton). However is does have an AF guage which I'm expecting to be between 13 and 16.

Any other last minute words of wisdom?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
for me to finally acquire the cobra :D but need some last minute help.

I've read so many buying guides my head is swimming with information and I've got information overload :computer:. I'm paying to have compression, leak down and general inspection done. I'm going to check the oil and exhaust for smoke and milk.

The only thing that bothers me is, it has a pulley swap (dyno'd @ 450rwhp, 12lbs still on the eaton). However is does have an AF guage which I'm expecting to be between 13 and 16.

Any other last minute words of wisdom?
Are you implying the air fuel ratio is going to be between 13 and 16? At wide open throttle? I'd run.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Moved this to the 4V section for you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need to post threads like this in the underground.
After thinking about it, I should've put it in where lefty moved it. I just didnt want a bunch of guides thrown at me since Im already on information overload.

Moved this to the 4V section for you.
Thanks for moving the thread.

You can only do so much homework. Drive it. If it feels and drives good, buy it. If you have reservations, walk away.
Thats my plan. Im heading to the buyer tomorrow or Tuesday to test drive. Im just concerned with it being too lean of a tune.

I cant seem to find the color and mileage, stock wtihout paying through the nose. ($40k). Yes Im serious, there's one person asking that for a 2k mile 03.

16 is WAAAAAYYYYY lean!!!
Are you implying the air fuel ratio is going to be between 13 and 16? At wide open throttle? I'd run.
At idle? Im expecting much higher at WOT or partial throttle but dont know the equation to computer the proper AF or slightly rich AF at 12lbs.

As such this is where I really need some help.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
At idle? Im expecting much higher at WOT or partial throttle but dont know the equation to computer the proper AF or slightly rich AF at 12lbs.

As such this is where I really need some help.

Thanks all.
The afr at idle should be around 14.7. It won't be perfect but as long as it's in a reasonable range. At wide open it should be around 11.4 or so. Maybe a little less. Anything less is rich, anything more is lean. My SRT (the 04, not sure on the 03) is at 10.3 at wide open. As such, it's way rich lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts