Modded Mustang Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 5065 Posts

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,022
Crap pate i forgot you were going to try drag radials first. Well they may hold but i doubt it
My whole theme so far has been factory everything, but I may have to break that mod on some tires. Ill try these 315's first then go from there.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
thats old lol over a year ago i havent been on here this much is a while

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I was following it for a but must have missed that part!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I also got the wide band installed which was the best gauge ive ever installed, it makes me feel safe LOL

Very nice pate, how do you like that wideband so far?

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,027
I like that wideband it seems to be very accurate and it was a breeze to install.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Is that a 17" rim? If you are planning on staying on those rims you need a taller tire. 315/17 tires are to short for that type of power and has very little sidewall. You are going to have to get a taller side wall like the 295/45/17 m/t e/t II. They are 27+" tall with taller sidewalls compared to the 315/35/17 which are 25+" tall with short sidewall. You will notice a big difference. But for best hooking get a 15" rim.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,030
Yes it is a 17" rim and I have brand new 315/35/17 Mickey Thompsons on standby already as my new spare set or rears.

I am not sure but do they sell a larger taller drag radial tire that will fit on a 10.5" rim?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
M&H makes a 325/45/17 drag radial, I've got a set and they work well, I'm running them on 10.5" wide rims.

I had to roll the fender lips, massage the inner fender wells and move my exhaust pipes inward a little, they are 28.5" tall.

If you ask the guy that answers the phone for a discount he'll help you the price of them.

Drag Radials

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,032
M&H makes a 325/45/17 drag radial, I've got a set and they work well, I'm running them on 10.5" wide rims.

I had to roll the fender lips, massage the inner fender wells and move my exhaust pipes inward a little, they are 28.5" tall.

If you ask the guy that answers the phone for a discount he'll help you the price of them.

Drag Radials
Thanks, Those really look a lot taller then the 315's even though not a lot. Do you have any picture with them on your car?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have the 295/45/17 m/t on a 17/10 rim perfect fit

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Thanks, Those really look a lot taller then the 315's even though not a lot. Do you have any picture with them on your car?
295/35/17

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xYbEgMAmID8/VSANffs66KI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/dzH35g5cv-I/w826-h467-no/IMAG0351.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U61F_0yt58o/VSANbnwGV5I/AAAAAAAAA1Q/DI83pd9k3Js/w264-h467-no/IMAG0354.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V21AyBixTxo/VSANbZxdmyI/AAAAAAAAA1M/fLmTlLnWaB4/w826-h467-no/IMAG0358.jpg

Finders are rolled, finder was cutting tires coming off uneven curves, there was no cutting on straight line hard launches. Rolled finder solved the problem.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Pate bite the bullet and buy a set of 15 inch wheels and put slicks on it so your not killing your street tires at the track. It was the best investment i made cause slicks last alot of passes and burnouts while drag radials go bad after a few heat cycles.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
SSG, here's a couple of pics. These 325/45/17 tires run about 28.5" diameter, I think that's about as tall as you can go without some real surgery to the fenderwells.

On auto cars like ours you don't need as much sidewall flex, if my car was a stick I would have gone with the 28" tall 325/50/15's for the extra sidewall.

To get the tires to tuck in a little more I went with 05-10 17" wheels, they have a little more backspace, but it looks like they would have fit with the 99-04 wheels and I probably wouldn't have had to massage the inner fenderwells as much.

As you can see in the pic I also had to move my exhaust pipes inward a little but this will vary depending on pipe brand.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,037
Pate bite the bullet and buy a set of 15 inch wheels and put slicks on it so your not killing your street tires at the track. It was the best investment i made cause slicks last alot of passes and burnouts while drag radials go bad after a few heat cycles.
I might Ill need to look around for a set that makes me happy as far as looks too.

^ that, 15's with MT ET Street or ET Street Pros will hook much better then 17's.
I agree they will but im not sure Ill be running at the track enough to make it worth it.

SSG, here's a couple of pics. These 325/45/17 tires run about 28.5" diameter, I think that's about as tall as you can go without some real surgery to the fenderwells.

On auto cars like ours you don't need as much sidewall flex, if my car was a stick I would have gone with the 28" tall 325/50/15's for the extra sidewall.

To get the tires to tuck in a little more I went with 05-10 17" wheels, they have a little more backspace, but it looks like they would have fit with the 99-04 wheels and I probably wouldn't have had to massage the inner fenderwells as much.

As you can see in the pic I also had to move my exhaust pipes inward a little but this will vary depending on pipe brand.

Those look good and are just a little taller then the ones I have they are a lot more expensive then the 315/35/17's

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
He should hit tens without an issue with the right tire. Just gotta get a good 60'. If you were closer I'd let you barrow my drag pack setup. Hell, I'm not using them anytime soon. Haha :(

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,040
He should hit tens without an issue with the right tire. Just gotta get a good 60'. If you were closer I'd let you barrow my drag pack setup. Hell, I'm not using them anytime soon. Haha :(
Thanks, I actually would like to see 9.9 and I will at some point this year. now that I got that AF gauge installed I am getting 10:1 A/F ratios at time cruising and its making the car stumble a little when the AF gets that rich idling around. its also 10:1 at WOT I think that is to rich.

2021 - 2040 of 5065 Posts