Modded Mustang Forums banner

2501 - 2520 of 5065 Posts

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Always got to look at the bright side, with the turbo off, theres other things that can be done and more room to work with to wrap. I doubt they will do anything but have you attempted to contact Spectre? Obviously this is a design flaw, not user error.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,502
Always got to look at the bright side, with the turbo off, theres other things that can be done and more room to work with to wrap. I doubt they will do anything but have you attempted to contact Spectre? Obviously this is a design flaw, not user error.
Ill contact them next week, Im sure they will do nothing but I will be definitely going to the top to let them know what has happened whether it be an isolated incident or whatever it may be.

I was on my LAST dyno Log as well so Crap man that sucks.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

I think im going to change the name of my thread to " How to end up in a Psycho ward and spend tons of cash"

OF course being a thorough as I am I already got a camera to look down in the cylinders and such and see if any pieces of metal have caused any issues inside. Ill be gong through the whole Compression checks, Leak down test ETC for piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Must have been a shitty flowing filter if your turbo sucked the metal off with the little bit of hp its been making;)

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,504
At the tune of 40$ it wasn't cheap by no means, but it looks like the motor is going to have to be pulled.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Oh no! Man that sucks. I swear it seems like two steps forward and three steps back. I would definitely be raising hell with someone. I really hate you are having all these issues.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,510
Sorry to hear still having trouble! As you stated earlier at least you have the means and ability to repair YET AGAIN!
It has crossed my mind to part out this stuff and just move on.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,512
Soooooo.............................

Im a fairly nice guy I try to always put the needs of other above my own and have a soft spot for animals as well unless Im putting them on the plate. To get on to the story I bought a CRAP LOAD of landscaping blocks, Plants over 200 plants alone ETC I re done all the landscaping around the house up really nice outside for the wife which took a couple weeks. A few days later a coupe chip munks moved in and started messing up all my work and digging in my mulch so I was ordered to relocate them.. One of them I Accidently ran over so I felt bad for the other one and decided to let him stay. I noticed when I ran him over the car thudded really bad cause its low and his ass was pretty FAT..

Moving on today I took and cleaned up the impellor on the turbo so I could use the car to data log cause the fuel trims being off has been puzzling me. Since im running a OPEN loop tune the o2s are not showing up in the data logging and the fuel banks show as 1 so I don't know what each bank is doing all I know is one bank is out because the AFR is out. I decided to reload the closed loop tune to see which bank is out and guess what BANK 2 was dumping fuel like a MOFO.. so I raised up the car and found one of the hot pipes clamps looked kinda spread out, did it have some Fur on it? well ill never tell LOL. So apparently that FAT ASS Chipmunk broke my clamp and it was pulling in air making everything rich..

Brooks sent me another open loop tune Friday I never had a chance to load cause I was having issues. So I redone the clamp with another one and BOOM trims were back on track.. So I loaded up my new tune and took off down the road for about 30+ minutes, and FINALLY The car runs PERFECT. AFR is right on or super close and it ran like a factory mustang... I couldn't believe how well it ran so It looks like the tune is spot on and Im ready for some WOT pulls as soon as I remove my turbo and get a new impellor wheel..

there was some good that came out of this I found the issue yet I couldn't hear any exhaust leaks.

By the way that other Chipmunk its ****ing game on for me and him.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I don't know how to feel after reading that story..I'm glad you found the issue. Looks like chippie was haunting you from the grave

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
At first I thought you were meaning your neighbors kids or something. Then **** got serious when you said you ran one over so I was really hoping you didn't mean it that way. Then I got to thinking who has 2 random chipmunks running around there house destroying ****? :lol I'm with GTo1 on this, not sure how to feel about the story. Anyways I guess good job figuring out your problem or I guess you could say taking care of it. :headscratcher:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,515
How the hell does a chipmunk break a T bolt clamp? I don't know but when I come up the driveway I'm looking for that other little ****er. Either way everything is on track except the turbo which I'll have repaired Asap.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Lmao that's messed up dood. Sorry that it got you down some but at least things are starting to head back up hill for you. I am surprised too that it broke your clamp. Must have been one chunky chippie.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,517
Does anyone know where to buy a compressor wheel in the billet style for a precision? this should be a straight forward take off myself kind of job.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,519
I'd think it would need balanced.
You just want to see me pull all this crap back off again LOL

You do make a good point once I get ahold of them tomorrow ill make arrangements to send it back. I bet this ilittle incident is going to cost me dearly.

CALBoy I have not forgotten about that whole fuel cooler discussion when the turbo comes off ill be doing the cooler.

2501 - 2520 of 5065 Posts