Modded Mustang Forums banner

3181 - 3200 of 5065 Posts

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
The Turbo build has begun

Unfortunately, CJ has not yet seen the light and is still fooling with his 5 speed. :grin2: I'm confident he will change his ways once I put the hurtin' on him a few times this fall season and convert to an auto then.

You better with a built bottom end. Your gonna be upset when my 5 speed runs 11.6s with the same boost, minus the cams, eddy intake and e85. :whackylol:. I wish you would of waited a little longer to tear it down so we could of ran one time. I want to get into 10s through a 5 speed then I'll toss the idea of a auto swap up. On a side note I talked to Clint and he said I didn't have to have another license in BE to use Plx imfd cable..

Sent from 😣😤nbj vyx6,;dtzy could have u. Ovh77,😣😃🔠😳

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Calboy said:

Well I appreciate the confidence in me :lol but in all seriousness I wouldn't listen to much I have to say about tuning a auto. Been doing some research because I know the auto swap is inevitable.

Sent from [url=http://www.autoguide.com/mobile]😣😤nbj vyx6,;dtzy could have u. Ovh77,😣😃🔠😳

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
You better with a built bottom end. Your gonna be upset when my 5 speed runs 11.6s with the same boost, minus the cams, eddy intake and e85. :whackylol:. I wish you would of waited a little longer to tear it down so we could of ran one time. I want to get into 10s through a 5 speed then I'll toss the idea of a auto swap up. On a side note I talked to Clint and he said I didn't have to have another license in BE to use Plx imfd cable..
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your input shaft breaking. :shiftyeyes

If you want to borrow my cable, just holler. You'll need a hand getting it setup, it's kind of a beeotch at first.

Well I appreciate the confidence in me :lol but in all seriousness I wouldn't listen to much I have to say about tuning a auto. Been doing some research because I know the auto swap is inevitable.
For anyone considering an auto swap that still wants to retain street manners, I highly recommend the 4stb-e from Freddy Brown. I've been researching it and I'm pretty impressed so far. Built to the hilt 4r70w with optional lockup and transbrake. FB also has the relay pack that Pate mentioned that can save you a lot of headaches. It controls lockup and OD, and while I'm not sure on the specifics, I know that it can prevent you from doing dumb things like attempting to downshift with the converter locked and throwing yourself through the windshield.

The best part is it is a totally stand alone system with a manual valve body. You can use your manual PCM with only a little bit of tweaking (I think you may need to account for the different speed sensor or something like that.)

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

No tuning here lol, full MVB with the lock-up on a toggle switch.
I wish you would post up some more details on your build. Unlike most guys on here that claim to be going turbo "soon" and never actually do it, you seem to have taken the opposite approach by going turbo and telling almost no one about it lol.

·
3,008 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your input shaft breaking. :shiftyeyes

If you want to borrow my cable, just holler. You'll need a hand getting it setup, it's kind of a beeotch at first.

For anyone considering an auto swap that still wants to retain street manners, I highly recommend the 4stb-e from Freddy Brown. I've been researching it and I'm pretty impressed so far. Built to the hilt 4r70w with optional lockup and transbrake. FB also has the relay pack that Pate mentioned that can save you a lot of headaches. It controls lockup and OD, and while I'm not sure on the specifics, I know that it can prevent you from doing dumb things like attempting to downshift with the converter locked and throwing yourself through the windshield.

The best part is it is a totally stand alone system with a manual valve body. You can use your manual PCM with only a little bit of tweaking (I think you may need to account for the different speed sensor or something like that.)

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

I wish you would post up some more details on your build. Unlike most guys on here that claim to be going turbo "soon" and never actually do it, you seem to have taken the opposite approach by going turbo and telling almost no one about it lol.

That's still a big maybe if I go with a auto swap and it'll be a ways down the road, you should be the one to know that I could really care less what breaks. I'm past the point of worrying what's gonna go next. I'll holler at you and try that cable out before I spend the $80 on it.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,188
Im pretty sure having a full manual auto is for me as the best of everything, I can shift like a manual and never have to worry about breaking a clutch. I like the fact I can down shift and the tranny will free float until you give it gas so if you accidentally went down to second at 100MPH no big deal.

The relay pack controls the OD feature, lockup and trans brake if you have one. when you go into OD all you have to do is hit the OD button but the built in safety feature will only let you go into OD from third it will not activate in any other gear. All you do to come out of OD is down shift and it automatically kills the ground and your out of OD.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
You run a relay pack?
Nope, the lock-up and overdrive are both on toggle switches, I turn them on and off whenever I feel the need to.

Just been busy, but not trying to clutter up this already massive thread, basically I'm still running the hp292's, stock shortblock, t4 s475/83 turbo, cg fab headers, gfb boost controller, Sharkbait's old built 4r70w with a circle d 4c triple disk and stock 3.27 gears. Long story short it made 485/485 through the auto locked-up on 10lbs. I have the ability to run 6-11lbs using the controller on the tune I have now. Once I get slicks I plan to break the stock bottom end stock heads record.

·
3,008 Posts
Nope, the lock-up and overdrive are both on toggle switches, I turn them on and off whenever I feel the need to.

Just been busy, but not trying to clutter up this already massive thread, basically I'm still running the hp292's, stock shortblock, t4 s475/83 turbo, cg fab headers, gfb boost controller, Sharkbait's old built 4r70w with a circle d 4c triple disk and stock 3.27 gears. Long story short it made 485/485 through the auto locked-up on 10lbs. I have the ability to run 6-11lbs using the controller on the tune I have now. Once I get slicks I plan to break the stock bottom end stock heads record.

What is the stock bottom end stock head record anyways?

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,192
For what? power or time? some people are searching for one or the other and some a mixture of both.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
What is the stock bottom end stock head record anyways?

For what? power or time? some people are searching for one or the other and some a mixture of both.
Time, I'm far from the power record there's been one or two I saw over 600whp on the SBE lol. And another I saw at 530whp that lasted for years. However they're just dyno numbers and don't mean much.

Time wise I think the fastest sbe 4.6 I saw while looking was 10.50's. I'll be satisfied at 10.70's or quicker. The car has a transbrake, alot of weight reduction (3300 with me in it), full suspension, and the power, so we'll see.

·
3,008 Posts
Time, I'm far from the power record there's been one or two I saw over 600whp on the SBE lol. And another I saw at 530whp that lasted for years. However they're just dyno numbers and don't mean much.

Time wise I think the fastest sbe 4.6 I saw while looking was 10.50's. I'll be satisfied at 10.70's or quicker. The car has a transbrake, alot of weight reduction (3300 with me in it), full suspension, and the power, so we'll see.

Fastest I saw was a 10.80 through a t56 with h/c/I and vortech at 12psi. He's actually on here every now and again. I believe it was Vrtek01gt.

·
3,008 Posts

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,197
To update, basically I am completely done with the car, the tuning is done and I was able to go back and tune in closed loop and the car runs excellent. I went back and upgraded the fuel line with PTFE lines and built my own baffle for the fuel tank and I have no more fuel smell , Pressure issues or fuel problems. The E-85 was ran to 26PSI but I want to hold back on results until I get the converter done and run the dyno again for numbers to show the difference between lockup and non lockup.

My home made FLSFC really made the car feel like a whole new setup, It is tight and corners better then It ever has and just feels tight.

I am completely done with the exception of the lockup converter which I will be holding off on until It gets cold because I want to enjoy this car while I can.

I don't have much left to do until I buy the converter and report back in a couple months.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
10.262 @ 130.37 is the fasteststock longblock 2v I've seen. No cams, heads, and stock intake(which doesn't count as back of the long block.)

My goal is to beat that time with my untouched longblock. That's freaking fast for an old non pi short block.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,200
You're really not going to give us numbers you ass??! It's the least you can do for us following this damn novella

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I did post up a Dyno sheet at around 20 PSI. made over 700RWHP which has met my personal goal with this car. For me track times don't mean **** because this car isn't setup for the track. I was after a specific HP goal which was already met once it hit 701. im not sure but IMO I thought over 700RWHP for a fully street able factory car was pretty impressive for 281 CI.

Once I get that converter installed ll report back with what the results. Ive got to keep one of my tunes Private for personal reasons and a local grudge match.

3181 - 3200 of 5065 Posts