Modded Mustang Forums banner

4301 - 4320 of 5065 Posts

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,302
Wow you weren't playing. I suppose you can do it in your sleep now though lol.
LOL Ive taken out and apart a MOD motor or two. Ive got everything ready to put back together I will be back up and Running by Saturday night Maybe Sunday cause I want to do some Camping this weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
What were the part numbers on the special head gaskets?

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,305
I am not sure, Those ****ing Felpro are the ones that failed me, A tiny little spot in the Gasket i found that let go.... I dont get the gaskets till tomorrow but they are so special i am having them brought in on a CH40 LOL... You guys are a bunch of smart Asses which is why I love it here...

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,307
Very True Eddie

You can see where the gaskets was Seeping. Top right by Water port..

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,309
Find the 2008 numbers them look right above it youll see the discolored metal which is where it was seeping in that area. Picture dont really help.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

So...what was actually wrong....

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Ill save the debate...9790/9792 pt2
The gasket give out, But I had OEM gaskets this time not Felpros, it was the last 2 sets i ran were Felpro and never had an issue with those.Everything else looks great in the motor. the coolant only seeped into the Cylinder it never made it into the oil.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,310
Made some progress today got the motor back together. I Also got the engine reinstalled before the wife came out and demanded I go shopping so im giving in for the day Lol...

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,312
About 12 rolls do you need some? ? I'll get you those parts numbers when I get back from forced shopping.

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
Wish I could pull my engine with headers attached.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,315
Wish I could pull my engine with headers attached.
It's not easy As it looks it takes some manipulation and 2 sets of hands. Hardest part is earing all that AC stuff that I won't part with lol.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,319
More work for me to go out the bottom because then i would require an Alignment. If the K member shifts at all it throws out your Alignment so thats just more time and money to be wasted.

I should have the car running tomorrow if I can get it done by 3 cause after that im starting my Memorial weekend.

---------- Post added May 28th, 2016 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was May 27th, 2016 at 10:32 PM ----------

So...what was actually wrong....

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Ill save the debate...9790/9792 pt2
Those gaskets had magical fairy dust on them which makes them special.. I put on 2 pairs to make it that much more magical.

4301 - 4320 of 5065 Posts