Modded Mustang Forums banner

4981 - 5000 of 5065 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Are the smaller turbos vs racing? If so, can i see more of those? Concerned about vs racing quality before i get one.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,982
Are the smaller turbos vs racing? If so, can i see more of those? Concerned about vs racing quality before i get one.
Yes they are i opted for the dual ball bearing Billet VS racing units. The last turbo performed very well I would assume these will do the same once i get started on the car again. As you can see from this PIC i am very close to starting on the car again probably less then 3 weeks. Acid wash and Stain is next on the agenda after I install the garage doors.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,984
Id post pictures of mine but i cant figure out my photobucket password. Lol. I have the same turbos but powdercoated wrinkle black
Youll be running before I am but i will be back on the road before spring hits.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,985
Finally finished up my garage/ Workshop I got a 2 post lift to go in but i got done so fast the concrete still isnt settled in enough to install the lift but anyhow Im rolling along its time for this twin turbo build I pretty much have everything to finish with the exception of the hot side i cannot decided if I want front mount in bumper or engine mount. Thoughts on which way to go?

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,987
Ok that is a nice looking garage.
Thank You sir, Its been a long time coming Im thankful for my other garage but it was getting a little tight in there.

Im ready to get back started on this car and see what a set of twin tuurbos can do on it. I know Y2K seems to like running them and has put together a nice setup so Im going to give it a shot as well. Im pretty sure Froush is going to be coming out the gate with a pretty nasty twin turbo car as well this year.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,989
AWESOME garage good luck on this round hope it puts down numbers you expect

Thanks Eddie im pretty sure this time I am heading in the right direction.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,577 Posts
Wow great looking garage. Love the tall ceilings and flooring

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,992
Wow great looking garage. Love the tall ceilings and flooring
Thank You it sucked ass hanging dry wall up there i ended up buying a dy wall hanging machine.

Awesome car, and awesome garage! Good luck with getting it all set up! :thumb:
Thanks ive got one more thing to do I have already started back on the car but ill pause this weekend for a lift install if it makes it.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,993
Im back, Garage is done gotta wait till april to install lift due to concrete not being old enough But ive decided to rock out the car anyhow.. I will be installing the engine next weekend and should have the car up and running in maybe 2-3 weeks. I went with a twin kit that is bumper mounted from on3 with my own turbos WGs and BOVS.. Ill start Posting some PICS of the new motor setup and turbo setup Late next week.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Im back, Garage is done gotta wait till april to install lift due to concrete not being old enough But ive decided to rock out the car anyhow.. I will be installing the engine next weekend and should have the car up and running in maybe 2-3 weeks. I went with a twin kit that is bumper mounted from on3 with my own turbos WGs and BOVS.. Ill start Posting some PICS of the new motor setup and turbo setup Late next week.

looking forward to this!

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,995
Thanks Snorky Since im waiting on a oil pickup tube i started mocking up the intercooler and turbos.. Had to move the condensor forward as well as the radiator so it toook me most of the night just to mock up the inter cooler. Tomorrow night ill finish up the intercooler install and get the headers and such installed on the motor.

And a PIC of my 19 5.0 LOL just had it cermaic coated with Gtechniq and plan on getting the 2V done soon as she gets running in a couple weeks.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,996
tonight I got a good part of the inter cooler finished and the transmission coolers relocated to the front of the car **** is taking 10X longer then I thought. Hopefully Monday night Ill get the motor in after my pickup tube arrives. I also moddified a on3 4V coolant inlet to work with the 2V i may remodify it if I run out of **** to do this weekend.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,998
That looks great! Are you going to run power steering?
Yes sir, I am thinking about running it through my radiator where the trans cooler used to run through. I have to research and see if the TEMP the radiator runs at is hotter or cooler then the PS system fluids normal TEMP. But it would be best for me to run it through there if I could.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That will be an interesting experiment, i have been wanting to mount the on3 power steering cooler. I just havent gotten creative enough or really taken the timeto figure how to mount it effectively. My PS fluid burns, turns black.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,000
I got the fitting installed for the PS relocation Its coming in the transmission cooler on the radiator and making a loop just like the POS factory one. The fluid capacity will double or triple because it will have to fill up the radiator cavity as well so this has to be good for the system.

I should be installing the engine in a couple days I just have to get this small stuff taken care of first.

4981 - 5000 of 5065 Posts