Modded Mustang Forums banner

5021 - 5040 of 5062 Posts

·
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,021
Its alive got it started and worked out the bugs and shut her down until tomorrow so I can load the rings.. Since im not running ON3 turbo I had to weld on some V bands because the on3 come with some kind of square connection between the turbo and the exhaust So I have some exhaust work to do Post turbo but for the most part **** lined up well enough to just have to tweek it here and there.
I need to install the bumper and measure for filter as well just some small things but over all DAMN it turned out good.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

·
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,023
Shes done Ive got about 100 miles on her here shortly ill be looking for a Dyno tune to see what she will do.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Shes done Ive got about 100 miles on her here shortly ill be looking for a Dyno tune to see what she will
Not going remote tuning route this time? I did remote tuning when I switched to an auto it's was just some minor changes that needed to be done but was still a pain in the ass compared to dyno tune. Nice build as always what numbers are you shooting for

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Shes done Ive got about 100 miles on her here shortly ill be looking for a Dyno tune to see what she will do.

Looking good man! On a side not I don't know how you can stand the 2v terror group on Facebook they are a special breed over there

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,026
Not going remote tuning route this time? I did remote tuning when I switched to an auto it's was just some minor changes that needed to be done but was still a pain in the ass compared to dyno tune. Nice build as always what numbers are you shooting for

Looking good man! On a side not I don't know how you can stand the 2v terror group on Facebook they are a special breed over there

Thanks Im only looking for about 500 HP this time.

They certainly are some of the **** you read on FB makes you wonder how some of these people breath daily.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts

They certainly are some of the **** you read on FB makes you wonder how some of these people breath daily.
That's where I'm at at the moment and I am pretty happy faster than most cars on the road

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

From each turbo LOL

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Looking good man! On a side not I don't know how you can stand the 2v terror group on Facebook they are a special breed over there.

Come on man stock short is good for 500 rwhp it's all in the tune. This is one of my favorites you see all the time posted there

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
From each turbo LOL

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Come on man stock short is good for 500 rwhp it's all in the tune. This is one of my favorites
That's kind of my situation at the moment Goin on 3 years 12 psi stage 1 cam 500whp

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That's kind of my situation at the moment Goin on 3 years 12 psi stage 1 cam 500whp

More let go than hold up at that hp regardless of the tune. Mine ran at 430rwhp for 3 years until it had enough.

·
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,032
I was at 400whp for a few years before that, honestly I'm amazed is held up

I was looking for 500 in first gear 700 in second and 1000+ in third :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
You need to swap to a Holley EFI!

·
13,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,034
You need to swap to a Holley EFI!
Going to get as far as i can with this setup the way it is and then call it a day.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,524 Posts
MineralGreyGT joined the forum a couple of months before I did. There were a lot of people who joined the forum who believed you could get 500 rwhp on a stock short block with a supercharger. Some thought you could get it on a stock motor. Just turn up the boost. They would post links to cars that were doing it. So they went 12-13-14 psi and bragged about 430-440 rwhp (SAE). And, a few months later they were rebuilding motors. At the time ProCharger recommended a maximum of 12 psi on Windsors and 8 psi on Romeos. This is probably because of the different compression ratios.

It was very tempting. All it takes is changing a pulley. Every 1/10th inch smaller pulley is 10 more psi (ProCharger P1SC). I almost did it. But I wasn't building a race car just a quick daily driver. My P1SC has been running at 9 psi for almost 12 years (130,000 miles). The stock motor now has 210,000 miles on it and its still running strong. They say these motors have gone over 300,000 in taxis. I hope so.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sounds great SSG Pate.

I lasted about 8 years at 405rwhp with 11lbs of boost from a novi200 on my stock block Bullitt. My buddy is still running the long block in his car. I upgraded to a built engine. I have kind of regretted it though. I have had nothing but problems and haven't even been able to stay running good enough to get a dyno tune on the new setup.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
MineralGreyGT joined the forum a couple of months before I did. There were a lot of people who joined the forum who believed you could get 500 rwhp on a stock short block with a supercharger. Some thought you could get it on a stock motor. Just turn up the boost. They would post links to cars that were doing it. So they went 12-13-14 psi and bragged about 430-440 rwhp (SAE). And, a few months later they were rebuilding motors. At the time ProCharger recommended a maximum of 12 psi on Windsors and 8 psi on Romeos. This is probably because of the different compression ratios.

It was very tempting. All it takes is changing a pulley. Every 1/10th inch smaller pulley is 10 more psi (ProCharger P1SC). I almost did it. But I wasn't building a race car just a quick daily driver. My P1SC has been running at 9 psi for almost 12 years (130,000 miles). The stock motor now has 210,000 miles on it and its still running strong. They say these motors have gone over 300,000 in taxis. I hope so.
There were a few who were in the 500whp and never blew up, at least to my knowledge. The guy who tunes my car told me he's seen plenty of 2V guys at 525whp with no known issues, he has seen a lot of 3v motors fail, I guess the block warps or some kind of catastrophic failure according to him. I am not nice to my car, it does not get babied what so ever, i'm constantly bouncing off the rev limiter when racing to keep speed up at a corner etc. I think there are a lot of factors that allows these engines to live in these regions of power.

1.) the cam i am running i think helps relief some pressure, i am still running the stock 3.33 pulley but by running a really efficient intercooler and getting rid of my power pipe I went from 9-10 psi to 11-12 psi. Also the fact that I have a really good intercooler keep IATs down.

2.) I try to never lug the engine that puts a ton of stress on the internals, I keep her revving happy and free

3.) I am adamant about oil changes and I always use the best stuff possible, going to install Puroil in her soon which will also keep temps down, should also give me a little power bump, they have seen 12whp on a NA racing Honda if I recall.

and from what I have seen 2v taxis get run nearly to 500k miles and when they disassemble them the cross hatches on the bores are still visible, ford did an amazing job with these engines, very reliable.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,524 Posts
You are talking about 525 rwhp on an otherwise completely stock motor? Or just a stock short block?

Cams definitely help. With cams a lot of guys are running safely at 430 rwhp. Meth or E85 helps. And the type of dyno helps. STD always rates a motor higher. If I use my STD dyno I'm running just shy of 400 rwhp on 8.9 psi.

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
You are talking about 525 rwhp on an otherwise completely stock motor? Or just a stock short block?

Cams definitely help. With cams a lot of guys are running safely at 430 rwhp. Meth or E85 helps. And the type of dyno helps. STD always rates a motor higher. If I use my STD dyno I'm running just shy of 400 rwhp on 8.9 psi.
yea some sort of cam profile with stock heads and stock rotating assembly, you lose some hp through the IRS compare to the LRA so that could also explain the power difference. I am running HP292 cams which are not ideal but gave me a considerable gain in power.

I would love to see where I would be with E85 I just don't feel like upgrading everything to run it lol.

5021 - 5040 of 5062 Posts