Modded Mustang Forums banner

761 - 780 of 5065 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
All right. You guys don't know me but I've been lurking and read this thread completely. For the love of God don't lock it! I'm dyin to find out what happens! SSG Pate, you've done some nice work there man. I can't wait to see it go.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #762
All right. You guys don't know me but I've been lurking and read this thread completely. For the love of God don't lock it! I'm dyin to find out what happens! SSG Pate, you've done some nice work there man. I can't wait to see it go.
Hey man welcome to Modded Mustangs, I meant for this thread to be informative but every now and then it gets out there. Everyone means well we just think in different directions. Buying A new Harley set me back a couple months but it will work out in the long run. Hang in there man I hope to be 100 Percent done by Jan.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #764
Im not sure how much Stage 3 MHS heads flow does anyone know?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Edit:
Emailed them a year ago about this...
Stage 2 flow ~205cfm and ~172cfm @ .600, the stage 3's aren't on the chart I was emailed by their tech. The tech stated the 3's are about 10cfm more.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #766
I emailed them a while back for flow numbers on their ports and they wouldn't release any specific numbers.
I wonder why that is? I know everyone else does.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Edit:
Stage 2 flow ~205cfm and ~172cfm @ .600, the stage 3's aren't on the chart I was emailed by their tech. The tech stated the 3's are about 10cfm more.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I just checked the email, those numbers are approximate the charts I was sent are very vague. I can pm them if you would like.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #771
Edit:
I wonder if that takes in account the oversize valves ETC, All I know is they must flow very good cause there are some big power cars running ported stock heads.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

I just checked the email, those numbers are approximate the charts I was sent are very vague. I can pm them if you would like.
Ide like to know so if you don't mind please do. I never did ask Jordan I just went with it.

·
Trying to Get There
708 Posts
Maybe ill just trade my car as is for the first running Chevette offered to me LOL.
That's the first car my family bought when we immigrated to America back when I was a kid (1984 Chevette Hatchback) - LOL

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

How come you didn't go with some like this for the coolant filler

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #773
Haha those Chevettes were the only car I have ever been in that actually slow down going up hill.

Thats nice but it looks heavy and looks like it has to many leak points. Honestly there is no need to relocate anything unless your running two turbos.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #775
SO I came up with an ideal for the overflow tank, Ill be ordering parts and welding it later on this week after everything comes in. now that I got the overflow tank issue worked out once I get it completed ill be looking back into moving this DAMN battery to the back.

I am very open to suggestions for turbos, I want fast spooling turbos that will support about 1200RWHP even though I am not going anywhere near that I need the breathing room for a later upgrade. I was looking at 57MM turbos last night.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #777
Yes they will support more then 1200 however as mentioned by others I will be able to make the same HP on a smaller turbo and spool much faster.

·
13,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
That's an awful lot of boost more then I really want to run, so dropping from a 62 to a 57MM would probably require even more boost from the turbos since they are smaller.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Alright got some issues, After relocating the battery to the trunk the theft light is blinking and the car wont start. I got a cable straight from the fuse box to the battery switch and the battery is grounded to the Frame but it will not start.

When I move the battery back to the front of the car it fires right up so now WTF is going on?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got mine connected to the starter

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Also ground the old neg terminal to the body up front I seem to remember needing to do this but not sure if it was a start issue hope this helps you out.

761 - 780 of 5065 Posts