Modded Mustang Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 5065 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Your car is awesome for sure i put cowl hood on mine but its really too high its 4.5 in high i wanted 2.5 and think it would look better but i needed it in a hurry so i took what was in stock. take look at jps musclecars its in monroe ga hood only $375 great fit and finish very light weight KAENEN hood.
Classic Camaro Car Parts | Classic Chevelle Parts | Classic Car Parts
Sorry to threadjack boys but do you have any pics of the hood on your car?

and cant wait to see your beast in action pate!!!

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,443
I am going to be needing some new drag radials for the rear here shortly, Right now im running Mickey Thompsons but would like to try a new drag radial in the 315/35/17 range. What do you all think? I So not car run my car in the rain so I could care less about that part of it. I need something to hook at the track, and on the street if that's at all possible with a 600RWHP car.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
SSG, for me the M&H drag radials hooked better than the MT's.

They are pretty extreme drag radials though, you'll probably get 3000 miles or so depending on how hard you are hitting them.

Call 661-324-4773 and talk to John there, he'll cut you a deal on buying them direct.

Hoosier Quick Time Pros's are likely even better but are pretty marginal for street use but there are guys that run them on the street.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,445
Thanks, Ill take a look at those, Typically ive gotten about 2K out of the Mickeys

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
SSG, for me the M&H drag radials hooked better than the MT's.

They are pretty extreme drag radials though, you'll probably get 3000 miles or so depending on how hard you are hitting them.

Call 661-324-4773 and talk to John there, he'll cut you a deal on buying them direct.

Hoosier Quick Time Pros's are likely even better but are pretty marginal for street use but there are guys that run them on the street.
I did not like running my Hoosier Quick time pros on the street besides mexcio racing. Bias ply tires just seem a bit unstable when turning ect to me

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,447
I did not like running my Hoosier Quick time pros on the street besides mexcio racing. Bias ply tires just seem a bit unstable when turning ect to me
Those were ones I was considering but if they are no good I think ill look at the H&R

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,449
Just buy a 15in rim and tire for the rear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I like the looks of the street Drag radial, but I will have a separate set of 15" tires for track only. However my first couple trips to the track will be on drag radials before switching to the 15" rims and 26" tire so ill have a good comparison of whether the difference is significant.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Sent you a text but one thing to keep in mind is running a bias on the rear and radial on the front it can get funky on you. Theres a bunch of hit and miss info about it out there on forums much beyond this one so something I wouldnt want to play around with. Seems as if no one can come to an educated consensus on it as most information just conflicts the other based upon experience. Which is also understandable as there is a lot of factors that go into it. So with that being said, and no 100% information one way or the other im sure the manufacturer has good reasoning for stating not to mix them.

If youre going to get a 15x_ for the rear and run a bias you may as well get you a matching set of skinnys and bias tires. Or stick with the same fronts granted youre going to run a radial on the rear. A complete set tires and all can be had for pretty cheap so may as well?

Overall the only opinionated input I have is for as much as you like to enjoy the car on the street I would not go with a 28" on the rear if I were in your shoes. It will go around corners like youre driving an old school vw bus or something of that shape lol. Theyre all nothing crazy but if you ever want to try out some combos to make it easy on you/save some money on just testing stuff I have 3 different sets of wheels/tires laying around you can have your pick of for a test.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,451
Sent you a text but one thing to keep in mind is running a bias on the rear and radial on the front it can get funky on you. Theres a bunch of hit and miss info about it out there on forums much beyond this one so something I wouldnt want to play around with. Seems as if no one can come to an educated consensus on it as most information just conflicts the other based upon experience. Which is also understandable as there is a lot of factors that go into it. So with that being said, and no 100% information one way or the other im sure the manufacturer has good reasoning for stating not to mix them.

If youre going to get a 15x_ for the rear and run a bias you may as well get you a matching set of skinnys and bias tires. Or stick with the same fronts granted youre going to run a radial on the rear. A complete set tires and all can be had for pretty cheap so may as well?

Overall the only opinionated input I have is for as much as you like to enjoy the car on the street I would not go with a 28" on the rear if I were in your shoes. It will go around corners like youre driving an old school vw bus or something of that shape lol. Theyre all nothing crazy but if you ever want to try out some combos to make it easy on you/save some money on just testing stuff I have 3 different sets of wheels/tires laying around you can have your pick of for a test.
Thanks Aaron your right I do enjoy the street so I will stick with a street drag radial for the street however I really would like to try some 28" slicks at the track for comparison. When we run a the track this year we can figure it out.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,453
Should be getting close to time to pick up that bad boy?
Parts are starting to trickle in so they should be starting soon. I'll be picking her up next week.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Overall the only opinionated input I have is for as much as you like to enjoy the car on the street I would not go with a 28" on the rear if I were in your shoes. It will go around corners like youre driving an old school vw bus or something of that shape lol.

Sorry for the quick threadjack Pate.

What's the issue with running a 28" tire on the street? I was thinking about trying the M&H 275/50x17 this season to move away from my 3.73 gear. A 28" tire equates to a 3.40 gear with a 26" tire.

I redline at ~120mph in 4th now and was looking to try a 28" tire before putting the stock 3.27's back in.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,455

What's the issue with running a 28" tire on the street? I was thinking about trying the M&H 275/50x17 this season to move away from my 3.73 gear. A 28" tire equates to a 3.40 gear with a 26" tire.

I redline at ~120mph in 4th now and was looking to try a 28" tire before putting the stock 3.27's back in.
No problem this is a good question, And im glad you brought it up because im sure before I go and waste another hand full of cash that I need to use the formula to figure out what size I exactly need with my 327 gear.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

No problem this is a good question, And im glad you brought it up because im sure before I go and waste another hand full of cash that I need to use the formula to figure out what size I exactly need with my 327 gear.

Since I cant mod my mustang due to it being gone I modded my fireplace this weekend and hand built this setup LOL!! Damn I need something to do..

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

No a 3:73 with a 26 tire will be a 3:73. A 3:73 with a 28 inch tire willbe in the 3:40s. To lazy to look for a tire calculator to get exacted. A 28 inch tire and 3:73 will be a nice set up for a turboed auto. That is what I'm switching to this year as 3:27 with 28 tire is to lazy out the hole on the footbreak.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,457
So I need a 28" tire from what your saying?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
No a 3:73 with a 26 tire will be a 3:73. A 3:73 with a 28 inch tire willbe in the 3:40s. To lazy to look for a tire calculator to get exacted. A 28 inch tire and 3:73 will be a nice set up for a turboed auto. That is what I'm switching to this year as 3:27 with 28 tire is to lazy out the hole on the footbreak.
Correct.

A 28" tire with 3.73's = a 26" tire with 3.40's

A 28" tire with 3.27's = a 26" tire with 3.01's

I ran the numbers last year. I may be off slightly but not enough to say so.

I'm liking the idea of a 3.40 gear (in theory) but I'm more worried about if I make it back to the track. I should be good at my current power level but with going up to ~550rwhp this season I should trap higher then 120mph, which means I run out of 4th before the line.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Correct.

A 28" tire with 3.73's = a 26" tire with 3.40's

A 28" tire with 3.27's = a 26" tire with 3.01's

I ran the numbers last year. I may be off slightly but not enough to say so.

I'm liking the idea of a 3.40 gear (in theory) but I'm more worried about if I make it back to the track. I should be good at my current power level but with going up to ~550rwhp this season I should trap higher then 120mph, which means I run out of 4th before the line.
Sorry was a little confused on your post went back and read it again. I thought you had it backwards. I ran the 1/8 mile with 3;27 and 28 tire in an auto at about 97mph in second gear.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I am so far very happy with my 28" and 3:55 ratio. With a higher rpm range it would be that much better in 1st and 2nd.

1441 - 1460 of 5065 Posts