Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
3200 Termi

This thread got me down to 3200 lbs, still have power brakes, power steering, heat and AC. 03 Svt cobra

· M112'd Sixxer
1,703 Posts
I removed the following:
Carpet, firewall blanket, hvac system, a/c, power steering, complete interior, complete trunk, motors out of drivers seat. I need to get the car on a scale but it weighed 3286 without driver as a DD with subs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Dat guy
483 Posts
Revival! Its a good list, i was hoping for some clarification though, what does it mean gut underside of trunk and how much weight is that saving? What are the metal plates under the steering wheel? Am i gonna get no traction with nothing in the trunk? can i remove something from the rear seats without taking them out and keeping seat belts? do the rear seats weight he same in convertibles?

· Registered
21 Posts
I know that mach amp box and speakers weigh at least 25 lbs. I removed mine simply because the amp went bad and it is heavy. This is a cool write up. I have power seats in my 99 but they are the cobra seats. Any idea what they weigh? I really like the adjustable bolsters. These seats for me perfect.
What's the difference going from steal to aluminum drive shaft? That would be good to add. Or what about swapping from glass to ... What plastic? As far as the windshield and such. Center counsel weight could be added. And the rear package tray weight. Mine has broken clips and doesn't stay back there when breaking hard anyway.
Just a couple ideas. Good job guys

· Registered
18 Posts
Maybe I just have a freak of a car because my '02 weighs just over 3100 with me in it, and I weigh 155.
Only reduction I've done is:
Rear seat
Single Kirkey seat
Gutted trunk
Tubular k with stock foxbody a arms
Front coilovers
Drag wheels
Aluminum DS
Aluminum FW
AC delete
Still have the bumper supports, Mach 460, airbags, etc. Its pretty far from being gutted.

· Registered
2 Posts
Damn, I would dread having to drive whatever pile of **** someone decided to do this to.
It's actually a racing tactic to drop as much weight as possible I removed my back seats and already felt the difference I'm doing this to my 96 mustang gt to turn it into a drag car it's not that it's a peice of **** it's the fact of building a better weight on your car for the highest tactical advantage speed and acceleration wise it also helps save gas and ontop of that it cuts you 1/4 mile time

41 - 47 of 47 Posts