Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Methanol out... GT500 duel pumps in with a control module to keep them flowing like they will need to be.

Spec 3 out.. McLeod twin disc rated to 1000 HP in

Stock 3650 out.... Built 3650 in with 26 spline input shaft

Battery out of engine bay.... in the trunk

3" KB pulley off.... 2.75" pulley on from 16 to 20 lbs. boost

The motor should be done late next week.. still don't know exactly what they will need to do

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Damn man, you sure are doing it right.

That KB should make some noise with that little pulley on there.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just going the next step to make it more durable and consistent. I would not advise anyone to use methanol in place of more fuel flow... I think it would be fine for non intercooled blowers to lower intake temps but it was the cause of most of the problems I had this summer..
If the shop stays on budget I have an extra grand set aside and a 100 shot would be added to the list

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you ever seen those "cash for gold" ads on the tube... I was Mr. T in a former life... and the price of gold is way high... I got over 9 grand for it.. I highly recommend Gold Fellows to sell to, they were first class all the way. Some of those companies are a complete rip off.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
lol really? wow..

cash for gold has our own refinery so we can cut out the middle man... lol i thought it was a scam.

but damn dude i feel like you went above 9 grand a little while ago lol your car is hella sick though..

·
Registered
818 Posts
those mods sound awesome...is there a "cash for girlfriends"website?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the motor is strong enough to handle the 100 shot, but I expect there will be enough extra **** I have to buy to eat up that other grand.. we are replacing the s/c parts that have some wear but I don't want to put out another 6 grand for a new blower when I have a good one already.. next bank I rob will be for suspension stuff.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Selling old parts? :D

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really not much to sell... the methanol set up might be worth something but I am not looking to sell my troubles.. tranny is a core... clutch is trash.. maybe the KB boost a pump might be worth something..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would love the BAP and Methanol if they work

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
How much was 'built' 3650?

Just input shaft and what else??

Heat treated gears?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
06 ...
I will get all the stuff back this week and make sure everything is there.. the BAP will be complete w/o question and I will have to get more details on the meth stuff.. but it is for sure for sale...

Chad...
yea... all the treated gear stuff... I will give details when I get them... but there was an upgrade for third and something else..2600 with core

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Strong build. I hear ya with the methanol. We're keeping ours but adopting a different strategy with it and greatly diluting the mix. Sounds like you have mid 10s plans for this car.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Methanol out... GT500 duel pumps in with a control module to keep them flowing like they will need to be.

Spec 3 out.. McLeod twin disc rated to 1000 HP in

Stock 3650 out.... Built 3650 in with 26 spline input shaft

Battery out of engine bay.... in the trunk

3" KB pulley off.... 2.75" pulley on from 16 to 20 lbs. boost

The motor should be done late next week.. still don't know exactly what they will need to do
What exactly does the control module do and would it only be needed at your power level? I have decided on the GT500 pumps so when I saw that I was interested...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn man, you sure are doing it right.

That KB should make some noise with that little pulley on there.
I've got the 2.75" on mine and making right at 18lbs, still can't hear it over the exhaust unless I'm beside a big truck on the highway and nail it,but it does sound cool when you can hear it.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I've got the 2.75" on mine and making right at 18lbs, still can't hear it over the exhaust unless I'm beside a big truck on the highway and nail it,but it does sound cool when you can hear it.
Damn. You would think producing those boost numbers it would be pretty noisy.

Oh and we need more pics of you car :D

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve...
I am looking to make it to the high tens... I think I will have enough HP it will just take some more suspension... I need a lot of snow this winter..

Stanglife....
the control module is to keep the voltage up to both pumps at the same time... the single wire powering the stock pump isn't set up for the requirements of a GT500 system... I don't think it matters below 600rwhp...

Redfire....
I have a 7.5" crank ballancer pulley... it spins it a little faster than stock... I should be around 22lbs boost

1 - 20 of 34 Posts