Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 doesn't have the anti-theft on it, it does however, have the keyless entry. I don't have a remote for it, but that's neither here nor there. Anywho, I was driving to my cousins house last nite and it just died in the middle of the road and shut down pretty much everything. So I am thing it's the CCRM or the key went bad. ANy suggestions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
When u turn the key what happens?

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Misleading Title or something put in your head that its theft light issue, i do not see how it relates to that in anyway. did it sputter as it died? when you try to crank it, what happens? more details needed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROFL, sorry guys. Yes, when it died the theft light started flashing. When you get in to start it, put the key in the ignition, turn on the ignition, the theft light starts flashing, and the car no worky, lol. Come to find out, the key is chipped and the chip crapped out randomly. I was reading in the owners manual and it stated that is what happens when the chip goes bad or the wrong key is inserted. SO off to the dealership in the morning with the intent of either getting a key for the Mustang of a sensor for the air ride on my Navigator. Oh yeah, my Navigator has been down for a week now, so it's been a shitty week for me, LOL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yippee, I got the relay for the air ride on the Navi, now I need to replace the air dryer and that will be done. As for the Stang, getting it towed to the dealer in the morning so that can reflash the whole key-chip/PATS system, yay! There's another $250 bucks. Anyone want to buy a Mustang, LOL.

Also, would they be able to do a performance flash to the PCM while it's there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts