Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my dad is planning an upgrade for his Termie and wants to plant a built 5.4L DOHC with a Kenne Bell 2.8H. The question is, will it fit?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Why? The 4.6 will make plenty of power. The swap will be a PITA and just add a **** ton of weight to the front end. Keep the 4.6 and put the KB on that. Capable to over 1000hp, no need for a swap.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Why? The 4.6 will make plenty of power. The swap will be a PITA and just add a **** ton of weight to the front end. Keep the 4.6 and put the KB on that. Capable to over 1000hp, no need for a swap.

+1 Just get a big kenne or whipple and maybe some spray or meth injection. I don't see any reason to go with the 5.4

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He wants to go over 1000, I suggested getting stronger internals, cams and diamond pistons.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Built and balanced 4.6 can get over a 1000. But not with a 2.8 kenne.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i keep telling him the screw types wont get him to 1000.......

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
With spray it will. That new big arrss whipple with some juice.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at an F class Procharger, trying to avoid the juice. Here in Miami the Cops are miserable assholes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was looking at an F class Procharger, trying to avoid the juice. Here in Miami the Cops are miserable assholes.
Build the 4.6 and put a set of twins on it. Less stress on the motor and its free hp. He is going to have to spend some grip anyways...ie..fuel system,management system,clutch,input shaft.etc
Besides if he goes with a 5.4 he will still need to build a short block,and the stock hood will not work. He will have to get a aftermarket hood with a cowl.
Spend the money on the 4.6 and he can drive around town with 500 to 1k with a flip of a chip(SCT). You say the cops are bad where you are at. Well a turbo will not bring attn. to the car. More like a sleeper:eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The NOS bottle is what I'm trying to avoid. We were also looking at a bored 4.6 to a 5.3 that can handle 1400hp. F class procharger and 30+lbs of boost. :eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get the Terminator motor to swap into my GT if he get this built :-D

·
Registered
106 Posts
isnt the 5.4 block too wide too fit anyway?
No it will fit, but if you want to put a twin screw on top you have to get a aftermarket hood

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess the ole man is planning running 116 octane all the time...:confused:
He's got a Snow Meth kit in the car so the octane is always moderately enhanced. Not saying he wants to go all the way to 1400hp lol, what he wants is slightly more than 1000rwhp.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ideas are flying now. We found a good block on MMR:

MMR 4.6 Race 325 Cubic Inch, 5.3 Liter Stroker Mod 1400 (up to 1400HP) *Brand New FORD RACING BIG BORE ALUMINUM BLOCK, torque plate bored and honed, this is a block designed specifically by ford for 3.700 Bore. THIS IS NOT A TEKSID BLOCK THAT HAS BEEN MACHINED AND SLEEVED, MMR DOES NOT SELL OR RECOMMEND THIS DUE TO HEAD GASKET SEALING ISSUES AND WATER LEAKING BETWEEN THE SLEEVES AND INTO THE OIL!!!
*New 4340 Forged MMR STROKER Crankshaft, includes additional heat treat w/micro polished journals at no extra charge
*New 4340 Manley Pro-series Billet Rods w/ARP 2000 Rod bolts( These US made rods are shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched to bring you the finest I-beam rod available for your 4.6
*New Forged MMR/Manley or Diamond Custom pistons 3.700 Bore size (High or low compression)
*Speed Pro file fit rings (precision file fit to your application, nitrous, blower, turbo or N/A)
*Federal Mogul Competition series heat treated Rod and Main bearings
*ARP main stud kit for maintaining correct cap location under the hardest of loads
*Complete Pro Assembly and Balancing for the smoothest, highest revving shortblock available.
best of all it can fit!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Why would you want 1,000 rwhp in a cobra? Your just asking to blow up your tranny, throw driveshafts, blow tires off, ect.

All you need is a set of twin turbos and you can have 850rwhp which in theory is right around 1,000 hp at the crank. Still don't have to even open the motor up yet!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts