Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone , i need some help. My temp gauge keeps moving alot during my drive, so im not sure if its screwed up or not. its not changing drastically, but it does move. So my car has 91,000 km on the clock, so i figured its time ot chnage out the thermostat. Any good recommendations or is a stock replacement fine? Also as for radiators what is a good aftermarket one to help cool things down, or is it not worth it and just keep the stocker. and finally if my guage is broken, do i just chnage the sensor on it or is it something more complex. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I would get a 180 t stat if your replacing it. If you can't turn down fans with tuner though it will move when your driving slow. But might as well upgrade while your there... for same price.

I would flush your cooling system. Unless your running a radical setup the stock one is fine. I run fluidyne and love my radiator though. But A/c lines did get in the way.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I see your also not running a heat exchanger with your supercharger. Might be time to beef up cooling system. Thats me though, its not needed. Flush it!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im running a methanol injection kit with the blower, and ive ordered a 180 t stat, thanks for the info

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
NP, should work out fine with a flush and t stat. Although like i stated the gauge will move noticeably if you don't adjust the fans, so don't think you still have a big problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts