Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One month till race time...hopin for 12's this year.

Last year I was doing 13.3's/13.4's with no cats, stock mufflers, and a 75 wet shot.

Now I have added Flowmaster race mufflers, home made ram air intake, 100shot dry, and getting an xcal3 to firm up my shifts and retard the timing for the nitrous. Only problem is Im using crappy street tires, and traction is always horrible at the begging of the year at the tracks I race at. But the cold air this time of year will help. Last year I was always racing when it was 80-90degrees.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Did you upgrade your injectors for the 100 dry shot.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no. the local mustang guys said the tuner and some octane booster would be sufficient. I can go back to wet if its a problem

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
:confused: I don't think thats right. Put your 75 jets in first and data log it. The SCT will tell you injector load. If you max out those injectors on a 100 dry and go too lean it won't be pretty. Since you don't have alot of mods you might be ok. But I would keep checking back in here to see if there is a gt running a 100 dry on stock injectors. I think it will be close if not too much.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, when I get back from Iraq in sept, 3.73's and goin in

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
With some slicks and a good launch you should be able to hit a high 12 no problem. I would deffinitely check your injectors though. Have a friend that went to lean running a 100 shot and blew his motor, wasnt pretty

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
no. the local mustang guys said the tuner and some octane booster would be sufficient. I can go back to wet if its a problem
19 pounders and the stock fuel pump are gonna be trouble with a 100 shot. You may be OK, but you are going to be running mighty close to "blow-up" mode. I would highly suggest some 30lb. injectors and an Aviator pump.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
colder plugs, timing retarded, and mabey a splash of race fuel won't be enough for a 100shot? I cant afford injectors until after my deployment. I could stick wih the 75shot, but I doubt I'd get into the 12's with it. At least not with my crappy street tires

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
colder plugs, timing retarded, and mabey a splash of race fuel won't be enough for a 100shot? I cant afford injectors until after my deployment. I could stick wih the 75shot, but I doubt I'd get into the 12's with it. At least not with my crappy street tires
I would suggest putting some money in tires before you get to carried away with the nitrou. They will be cheaper, and will give you results. (period)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires will cost me about $500. I can get the tuner for only $330. I have about $400 to spend, so the choice is obvious. But yes your right. Tires will help me a lot.

Mabey I'll just stay with the 75shot since I know my car loves it. But when I get back in Sept my plans are:
Riken Raptor tires 245/45zr17 front 275/40zr17 rear
100shot
1 step colder plugs
injectors
lowering springs
and mabey:
new coils (they claim more power)
adjustable shocks

Id say mid 12's then

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I wouldnt wast my money on the riken raptor tires man. If you want a nice affordable tire id get a set of the nitto 555R's for the rear in the 275/40/17. They are good at the street and perform decent on the track once you get them warmed up really well and drop the pressure down. Or if you can afford it get some mickey thompson bias ply slicks for track use only or the hoosier QTP's. Seriosly a nice set of rear tires is pretty much all you need to get in the 12's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coils are really a waste? I heard a lot of good about the Riken Raptors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
last season i ran a 13.6 on motor with headers, gears, tune and tires (still had sorry 60 fts) but i'm looking for 12s on motor with a great launch then im gonna spray 100 shot. realisticly probly a low 13 on motor and mid to low 12 on the hose.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
definetly doin 3.73's (its my summer DD, dont try to tell me go 4.10's) I might just keep the crappy old tires I have on the front, and buy a pair of M/T d/r's for the rear. It will cost me the same as what I planned on spending for 4 cheaper tires, but give me the traction I want. I had them on my Camaro and they hooked great.

lets recap...

this spring:
75shot and tuner. prolly do very low 13's.

end of summer will do:
injectors
100shot
D/R's
3.73's
lowering springs
and should be in the low 12's...sounds good to me. I just hope I dont break anything since this is my first Ford and dont know jack about working on them. carb'd SBC's are sooo much easier. But I do love my Stang

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
plain and simple tires are going to be your fall back. If i can run 13.4 with drag radials with just a cold air and exhaust you should be able to hit 12's with what you have now if you just put some drag radials on there. And the race fuel will not matter, its not the octane its how much fuel your injectors can put into the motor and 19lbs will be at 99% duty cycle with a 100 shot and will guarantee a lean condition at higher rpms and more load. Just keep your eye out for some used drag radials for your wheels and then you can get a handheld tuner also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts