Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mustang is starting to get on my nerves.when im on a bumpy road it feels like every nut and bolt on the car is rattling. i'm thinking about selling it and getting a 99-02 cobra...what do you guys think?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
How is that the dark side?

Its still a mustang, even though it may have a motor ur not used to, and it will be quicker.

FYI, 99 and 01 cobras, they are only a hair faster than 96-98 cobras.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'm just lookin for somethin newer that i can enjoy without puttin a bunch of money into to fix all the time. and 320hp sounds nice even tho it is a 4.6 and i like 5.0's better.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Personally I think it'd be cheaper to fix what you've got. Why buy something that will bring in a car payment and then a few years down the road you have to fix that too? Just my opinion, it's your car and your hard earned money.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wont have a payment. ill buy a car with whatever i get for my car.

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
i wouldnt mind having a modular for another ride, but i will always have a nice pushrod car

·
Registered
910 Posts
+1 for pushrods.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hey buddy... that's not the dark side at all! i really wouldn't mind having an 01 cobra! i had an 02 Steeda that I absolutely loved. Those 99-04 cars are extremely well put together and are extremely reliable. I beat the **** out of mine and put 17000 miles on it in 9 months taking it to the drag strip every weekend and the only problem I ever had was a bad fuel pump. that's it. i highly recommend those cars.

A word of advice, just so you know. In 1999, the cobras were rated at 320 hp, but when tested, it was found that they weren't making nearly that much hp... and a lot of people complained. SO in 2001, they changed a few things around and left the rating at 320 hp, but they were actually making around 340 hp!!! plus those engines respond really well to mods (not as well as the 5.0, but cobra motors are EXCELLENT!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts