Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET!!! would it be smart to buy new Ujoints?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Why not? You're gonna be down there. If you have the money why not man. Me personally, I'd have a shop install the U joints though. The spider bearings can fall out REAL easily and can also fall out and compress if you hammer it in wrong.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha true we did my buddies 93lx and we just hammered the old ones back in lol i was like hmm should i just replace mine?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Yeah. The first time I did my clutch, my pops and I were redoing the U joints and accidentally hammered on in rough. Turns out a bearing fell over and compressed.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so can you really feel the difference or is it not worth the money?
cuz its either that or order me the accufab kit?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I love mine. Part of the reason i got a built t-3650 instead of the t-6. Already had it, and wouldn't want to down grade to a normal one.

Most noticeably it makes it rev quicker, not necessarily huge amounts of gain in power. I didnt' feel power difference before and after since i have a supercharger (whats 10 hp on 450). But it revs a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
FRPP aluminum driveshafts come with u-joint's so you don't have to worry about them, & yes you just switch yoke's for the auto (take the wieght off the yoke while your in there, it come loose & cause problem's eventually anyway). as far as any gain's, on a relatively stock auto, you wouln't see any.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wouldn't expect many gains an i have a slight vibration when cruisin i hope the DS cleans that up a lil bit

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have a auto with some bolt ons and gears im gonna get a aluminum d/s just for better basic performance of the car im not going to the track but i plan on doing heads and cam to get over that 300 rwhp mark i'll be happy with that its more then stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts