Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i watched this vid seen the side exit exhaust i kind of like what you think?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am not a big fan of the side exit exhaust my self.............

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'm not a fan of the side exhaust either...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive never seen it done on a cobra before I've always liked side exits myself but if i could i would just run long tubes and be done with it:)

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not a fan....I like how it shoots the smoke out the side from the tired but not for looks

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
The issue with side exhaust on a Mustang is that you either put a 180-degree bend in your pipes, or you have to run open pipes (you *might* fit a super-short glasspack).

Here's the best picture I could find that shows what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm i was thinking shorty headers, keep the cats, keep the muffler section of my slp's and have 2 tips per side

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ran custom side exits up until about a year ago. My setup was long tubes to a short O/R x-pipe, directly connected to two Borla XR-1 mufflers tucked up in the drive tunnel and then a 90* bend exiting right in front of the rear wheels.

The fumes were pretty bad sitting in traffic for long periods of time and in drive-thru lines.

I liked the way it looked at first and it was pretty loud, but it was a big experiment I ended up not liking after all. I missed the clean look of the tail pipes, and that distinctive 4V sound that I lost after cutting 5 feet of pipe off and putting in the x-pipes.

I ended running over a curb because some asshole was on my tail when I was turning right and I broke the hangars on the pass. side :mad: and decided to cut them off and dump it until I could get a cat-back. I'm about to order it!! :)

I'll get pictures as soon as I get home from school

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here are some pics of the side install

1 - 15 of 15 Posts