Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 14k and I was looking into buying a GT! What should I look for in the GT Models? I drive a 2003 V6 Stang by the way:D

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
haha........blunt and to the point

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
same thing u would look for in any potential car man.

tires, trany shifts smooth, all the buttoins work, look under the hood make sure ww3 hasnt been fought under there

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
And if it doesn't have to be a mustang...

M6 LS1:D

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
what body style stang are u wanting?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you get the 01 cobra I think there was a recall you need to make sure it has been performed on it or have it done. I can't remember what it was but it was a performance factory recall. I have seen some really nice 01 cobra's for around $14k with low miles too. Make sure it is clean and hopefully you'll be able to tell if it is well taken care of. I would get a carfax report too. Oh, and preferably a woman owner and a non-smoker. Those cars are full of potential.

·
Registered
575 Posts
yeah he will need another 10000 for an 03/04 cobra but that would be my choice

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Of course...everyone WANTS an 03-04 Cobra. I wouldn't call an 01 Cobra crap by any means though. Maybe look for a Mach if you can get one for a good price. But if you're talking about paying cash for a car with $14k you'll have plenty of good options when it comes to Mustangs. Vic, if you are thinking about taking a loan, then definitely get the 03-04 Cobra. They are great and they don't seem to go down in value too much.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
if you had 14k + your car (if its somewhat clean) you could get very close to a mach1. and near a termie if you wait it out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
That'd be my choice^^^.... After looking at a Mach 1.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if you have 14k you should always def look into the 03 cobra's. if you cant cuz of money or price then look into the mach1. you can def get one for around that orice and you have a great start on your performance binge that WILL come. I have an 03 GT that i think is awesome BUT if i would have waited a little more I could have gotten the 4v motor mach1. 4v is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Vic, if you are thinking about taking a loan, then definitely get the 03-04 Cobra.
if u decide to go that route, make sure you can control a lil thing called "throttle happiness" cuz the termis have bad wheel hop. and its hard getting accustomed to doing that.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
get a old fox for 4000 and dump 10k in to the motor:cool:
good point. then he could whoop up on some termis no problem.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
wat about sn95 cobra's....you can find one wth 50 to 70k on it for under 10 grand....ton of potential and look amazing!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts